Dinner (Date?) With The Skeletons

AN: Uh I don't know what the fuck happened. Sorry. I've fixed it.

Sans was correct in his assumption that Papyrus had gone to the dining room of the hotel, so you and Sans joined him. Sans just sat down without saying a word, but you offered a quiet greeting before sitting.

"Human... What do you plan on doing when you meet Asgore?" Papyrus finally asked, showing concern. Which was strange, for even him, your supposed friend.

"Well I don't want to fight him... And as much as I want you guys to be there to help, I think I have to face him alone. I thought I'd try talking to him first. If nothing else I can run past him. I'm human, I can go through the barrier." You explained thoughtfully, as food was brought to your table. You didn't remember ordering anything. It was steak. Papyrus must have ordered the stuff for you. Wait, did skeletons need to eat? They didn't have stomachs... Off track, once again.

"Talking to Asgore is a one-way ticket to death." Sans pointed out with a bored expression, but he seemed oddly tense. "He won't want to talk, except to maybe explain why he's killing you. He could kill you in one attack. You have to fight back if you want a chance to talk to him at all. He might talk to someone who proves their worth. Humans aren't worth shit to him, remember?"

You frowned. "But... He hates humans because they attacked you all years ago and trapped you here. If I prove I'm not like them, then I have a chance. I know I do." That sense of determination was filling you again. "I can do this."

Papyrus snorted, if that's possible for someone with no nose. "You will die, human. But if you insist on not having our help, we shall not intervene in your deathwish." He glared lightly down at you, and you shrunk a little in his intense gaze. No matter if Papyrus was your friend, he was still terrifying to you. You held strong, though, refusing to back down from your 'no fighting' mindset.

"If I do die, then so be it. I won't kill, I won't fight if I can avoid it." You said firmly before starting to eat. This was a surprisingly amazing steak and you were glad to have real food. You now realized just how hungry you really were. Living off of snacks and half-eaten meals over the past few days wasn't good for you. This was the first real meal you have had in a long while. You were incredibly grateful for the break, in a real building without worry. "Do you guys have spaghetti down here?" You asked suddenly. "I miss spaghetti."

Papyrus made a face. "Spaghetti? Yes we have it, but I do not know why you would enjoy that vile dish." You raised an eyebrow at his commentary. For some reason, that seems wrong. Off. It was right there, in the back of your mind.... But you didn't know what it was.

"Humans are so weird and random." Sans commented with a small smirk at you. In response, you stuck your tongue out at him. He surprised the hell out of you by doing it back, except his tongue was glowy and red and made of magic. He laughed at your shocked expression.

"Wha-What the hell was that?!" You stuttered out and he continued to laugh at you. Papyrus only smiled. Once Sans calmed down from his laughter, he answered you.

"It was magic." He said simply, his grin turning into a slightly-softer smile. "I can do a lot with magic." Now he smirked and you shook your head, not bothering to question what he meant by that statement.

"Even though this whole experience has been weird and scary and honestly something I'll always remember and probably have nightmares about... I'm glad I met you two. You have been interesting friends." You smiled brightly at the two skeletons and Sans looked away with a scowl, while Papyrus looked shocked you called him a friend. He seemed to be having an internal conflict with himself at this point, frowning and also looking down. You sighed, finishing your meal.

"Why're you acting like this is the last time we'll see you? Like this is a goodbye? Because it's not." Sans asked suddenly and you shrugged.

"I'm assuming the Core is really dangerous. We won't get another calm break like this until it's all over, I'm guessing. So I'm getting all my sappy thoughts out now." You answered simply.

"As much as I'd like to, I do not think I will forget you either, human." Papyrus grumbled out. You rolled your eyes.

"I still have a name, it's still Frisk. Would it kill you to use my name?" You crossed you arms with a scowl. The taller skeleton only smirked at you, but said nothing.

"Eh, you'll always be a brat to me." Sans chuckled and you huffed.

"Thank you for the meal. I think I'm gonna turn in early, because we have the Core tomorrow and that's gonna require a lot of rest." You stood up, nodded to the both of them, and went back to your room. There was one bed and one couch. You dragged out blankets and settled on the couch. Flowey left his pot to curl up with you on the couch under the blankets. You gently patted his petals. "The journey is almost over, huh Flowey."

He nodded. "Yeah, it is. I'm gonna miss you, Frisk." He pointed out sadly.

"What's gonna happen to you when I go through the barrier? Can I take you with me?" You asked suddenly in worry.

"I don't know... You can try! But if you can't, I'll figure something out for myself." He promised with a confident smile, but you could tell the idea of being left here made him nervous.

"I'll do my best to get you through the barrier with me." You said firmly with a firm nod. "Now, let's get some rest. The Core will be intense, I'm assuming." You snuggled down with Flowey curled up next to you, and you were soon asleep. You dreamt this time. First time in a while. It was strange. It was this world, but things were lighter, brighter. The people were kinder. Papyrus loved spaghetti and puzzles and Sans was a lazy fuck but you loved them both anyways. Toriel was like a mother to you and Asgore was a softy. Flowey was downright evil. It was so strange, yet so familiar... But it was just a dream.

Right?