Spiders

AN: I hate computers sometimes.

Traveling through the Underground was a bit easier with the skeleton brothers. While you tried to my fight, and ran away from monsters who wouldn't accept any form of mercy from you, these two would fight, and did so. Papyrus would fight off some monsters here and there, but Sans seemed to be the more concerned one. When confronted privately by his brother, he swore it was all fake, but in reality, he did care. And he fucking hated it. You, however, didn't know of their plan and their act and just thought they were being kind. That you finally got through their thick skulls.

"Papyrus..." You started to speak, catching his attention.

"Yes, human?" He looked down at you, and you were reminded of just how imposing he was.

"Thank you for helping me." You have him a genuine smile, which seemed to catch him completely off guard. "It means a lot, and things are a little easier. Plus, I'm less likely to get totally lost." You added, adjusting your backpack slightly. It was a little heavier due to Flowey being in it. The flower had fallen asleep at some point during the latest stretch of travel. "Tell me about Asgore." This question was directed to both of the skeletons. Sans seemed to slump a little with a scowl.

"He's our king, what more is there to say? He's the king for a reason, he is probably the most powerful monster in the Underground. A close second is either Undyne or my bro. They're mostly evenly matched." Sans shot a look at Papyrus, and he nodded. Sans seemed a little relieved that his brother took no offense to him implying Undyne was stronger.

"He banished his wife, Toriel, when she went soft on humans, after their son died. He said if she could bring him human souls and break the barrier, she could leave the Ruins. This is why I was so surprised to see a human passed the Ruins, I thought for sure she would have killed you." Sans continued with a shrug. "He's cruel, and wants this last human soul to destroy the human world above, and break the barrier."

"...If you weren't so dead-set on destroying all the humans, I probably would have given you my soul. To free you guys." You admitted softly. Papyrus gave you a strange look, like you surprised him with that information. He wasn't expecting a human to be so kind, sympathetic. Sans gave you an almost grateful look.

"That woulda been something." He laughed. You traveled through yet another elevator, after solving more puzzles. They mostly handled the fighting, but you were really good with puzzles. From the lasers (with a little help from Sans) to the steam-jumpy-things, to door-opener-shooty-things. Papyrus was impressed with your puzzle solving abilities, because he had a soft spot for puzzles. Not that he'd ever admit it. There was even a weird scare with a bunch of items that were bombs... Anyways, you were getting closer to the Core. The mysterious building off in the distance was getting closer. Actually, you lost sight of it at some point, but the skeletons assured you that you were getting closer to the Core. You really wanted to get out of the Core so you could rest. You were dead exhausted, having gone through Hotland all day. You got off the elevator and encountered a place that was more of a purple-red color. You walked down the path with the two skeletons behind you, A few spiderwebs could be spotted, which was strange. And then there were more vent-jumpy things! Yay! More shooty puzzles! Awesome! Not exactly.

Through the next door you go.

Then there's this weirdy dark hallway. The four of you (Skeletons + you + Flowey) enter, and you found yourself stuck in spider webs. "Ah, shit." Sans said, eloquently as always.

"Ahuhuhuhu. The skeleton brothers, caught in my trap? How interesting... And with a human!" A strange creature appeared before you, on a web themselves. It was a spider woman. Six arms, two legs. Corset-like outfit with a strange, but cool, skirt. Carrying a knife. Well, two. And a money bag. "Time to pay up."

"Muffet, c'mon. I work the tolls for you!" Sans protested. You found yourself now trapped in a strange purple web, unable to escape.

"And you've been stealing a little from me, haven't you? Ahuhuhu... No no, Sansy and Papyrus. You'll have to pay... Or pay." Small spiders rush out, and Sans does his best to protect you from them, as you were mostly defenseless. A knife flew at you, but was blocked by a bone, thanks to Papyrus. And thus, a fight ensued.

"Asgore offered me a lot of money for the humans soul~ And I want that money!"

"Ha, over my dead body." Sans said that one.

"The humans soul belongs to us." And that one was Papyrus.

Knifes and spiders and bones flew around the room, all while Muffet ranted about toll booths and spiders and something about spiders stuck in the Ruins as well. You were never a huge fan of spiders in the first place, but this was enough to give anyone nightmare fuel about the eight-legged creatures. By some miracle, you escaped the strange purple web.

"Hey... Hey, stop!" You shouted, gaining the attention of Muffet. She looked like she wanted to kill you. She probably did. "What are you talking about? If I'm going to die anyways, what's the harm in telling me?" You reasoned, thinking it would be a good distraction, and also you were morbidly curious.

"I run a toll booth. Two, actually. It's all about the money, after all. Sansy here runs one in Hotland, but I think he's been stealing money! Shame, shame." She tutted. "The money is because I want money, and to get the spiders that are being kept in the Ruins out. Toriel won't let them leave! But it's mostly because of the money." She grinned, and blinked each eye, one after the other. "Since I tire of fighting, my pet can fight." Her pet was a strange creature. Looked like a cupcake thing? You weren't sure how to describe it. But it was big, hungry, and chased you and the skeletons. Gripping your backpack straps tightly, you ran out of the room. Well. You tried. There were tons of spiderwebs slowing you down, but you went as fast as you could. The 'pet' almost actually got you and you screamed, making Sans stop dead in his tracks. He turned and saw you stuck, with thething closing in.

...

Then there was a blast of red magic and the thing was thrown backwards, badly injured. There was an animal-like skull floating above Sans, with his signature red magic surrounding the skull. It's mouth was open, as if it had released the magic from it's mouth. Then, it just disappeared. Sans grabbed your arm and tugged you out of the spiderwebs. "C'mon, kid, let's go!" And all of you ran out of the room, hearing Muffet let out an anguished cry over her injured pet.

"That was incredibly stupid, brother!" Papyrus yelled, advancing on Sans when they were safe from the money-obsessed spider woman. "Bringing out a blaster for such a simple creature? Not only will you be drained now, but you revealed one of your more powerful attacks to Muffet! She will use that against you, you know she's manipulative!"

"Look, bro, I was trying to save the human, she wouldn't have gotten away on her own." Sans said defensively, holding up his hands to show he didn't mean any harm besides rescuing you.

"I cannot believe you stole from that spider woman! We have plenty, and even then, you never steal from here. She has eyes everywhere and you know this!" Papyrus continued to yell at his brother and you watched, almost afraid to intervene. Then he rounded on you and you really were afraid. "This is your fault, human. You have made my brother go soft!"

"I-I didn't do anything!" You said defensively, backing up.

"You might want to run." Flowey whispered in your ear from his pot in your bag. He must have woken up. Driven by the lingering affects of adrenaline from the fight with the spider woman and also your fear of the taller skeleton, you turned and sprinted away, ignoring Sans call for you.