Traps

The next area you reached had a purple bricked tower structure, and you had a surprise waiting for you there. "Mettaton?"

The robot in question faced you, and you were relieved to see he was his friendly self. "Oh, hello human! I'm sorry darling, I've forgotten your name." He smiled kindly at you, and you returned the smile.

"It's Frisk." You answered. "What are you doing here?"

"Staying wise, and away from Alphys. I did not stay on her good side after my stunt earlier." His grin turned sheepish, but proud. You stepped forward, but you felt yourself falling down, down, down... You landed with an 'oomph' and a disgruntled noise from Flowey.

"What the hell was that?" You grumbled, sitting up and rubbing your backside a little. That really hurt.

"Frisk! Are you alright?" Mettaton yelled down at you in concern. "This must be one of the traps set by Alphys... I'm sorry! I know this place though, there are different colored tiles ahead of you. Do you see? Each one does something different. Yellow electrifies you, and blue is water, but water next to yellow is dangerous!" He rambled off the tile instructions through the hole you fell down, and you tried to remember each one, as did Flowey. A wall of fire appeared behind you, suddenly. "That's... That's not right. Uh, I'll fix this!" Mettaton rambled. "You try to get through the tiles first!" He added before disappearing. You didn't need to be told twice, hurrying through the tiles. Red walls stopped you, you got shocked more than once, and got your pants all soaked with the water. The fire was coming from both sides and it was closing in and you were stuck with no hope--

The fire stopped. And then disappeared. The colored tiles turned off and the floor became a solid grey color. Mettaton appeared with a heroic grin. "I turned off the tiles and hacked the fire too!" He announced rather proudly. You were so happy and ecstatic but that cheer disappeared when he twitched. Violently. "R-run Frisk." He managed to say before his more violent personality came out. You took tentative steps backwards, inching away slowly as the more evil version of Mettaton spoke.

"Alphys hacked my mainframe and brought out this side of me but this side is much more fun, don't you agree, little human? If you remember, a green tile summons a monster... That monster is ME!" He lashed out at you and you dodged. You were getting quite good at the dodging thing. You heard Flowey mutter something and watched in awe as small, white pellets hit the crazed robot.

"Traveling in dirt restored my energy and strength. I can use my magic again!" Flowey announced proudly. Unfortunately, the pellets didn't seem to do a whole lot, simply bouncing off the metal that made up Mettaton. "Well. Crap." And thus, you turned tail and ran, skillfully dodging as you did so. You didn't want to fight anyways, but especially not against one of the only monsters down here you'd go so far as to call a friend. This wasn't his fault really anyways.

"You gotta run darling, I can hold Alphys off internally but not for long!" That was the kind Mettaton!

"Oh you wish you pile of scrap." And that was the mean one, but it more sounded like Alphys speaking to Mettaton, through Mettaton. Weird. You didn't question things, instead giving him a very grateful look and charging out of the strange little tunnel thing you had gotten trapped in.

You reached the top of the convenient staircase and noticed... An ice cream stand. What the hell, why not? You pay the disgruntled-but thankfully not murderous-Ice cream vendor and ate the cold treat. You felt a little better after eating it, even if the taste wasn't great. No sign of Mettaton. Good. You continued on your way, and this time you had a new surprise.

"Is that a hotel?" You asked aloud.

"Yeah, it is. MTT hotel. Full of monsters, you can't waltz in all human like." Sans' voice startled you greatly. "What, didya think we'd abandon you? Actually, my bro would apologize, but he's sulking like a kid inside while getting a room. Now, I gotta fix this whole human look..." He draped his black jacket over you, and you realize this is the first time you've seen him without it. "That'll help. Keep the hood up. Some monsters are dense as shit, but you don't wanna be outed in a building full of them." He instructed as he pushed you inside the hotel.

He wasn't wrong. It was pretty full of monsters. You could hear some complaining that the elevator into the city wasn't working, and you spotted doors down a hallway with a big, lit-up sign above them reading CORE. That's where you had to go next. There was a dining area to the left, and rooms for the hotel itself to the right. You saw Papyrus arguing with a monster at the front desk, probably over prices. "This is... Interesting." You commented lightly. Sans shrugged, crossing his arms. This was nothing new to him, probably. Papyrus marched over to the both of you now, obviously disgruntled.

"200 gold for a night. A little better than what it normally is, but I still find that ridiculous." He looked down at you with a calculating look. "Sans, I do trust you, but I could only get two rooms. I do not want to leave the human alone. I will share a room with them." He said with a firm nod. Sans' response was to grab his brothers arm and pull him to the side.

"Why?" He demanded.

"You have let them escape far too many times, and you've grown softer around them. I can see it, brother, even if you cannot. I do promise... Not to harm them." He said, almost reluctantly. Seeing no real way to fight this, without fighting his brother, he sighed heavily but nodded.

"Show us to the rooms, then." He grumbled, coming back to you. Papyrus did just that, and Sans made the executive decision to hang out in your room with Papyrus until everyone turned in for the night. One thing really got you excited though.

"Oh thank everything that is good and wonderful in this world, there's a shower." You turned and faced the two skeletons with your hands on your hips. "If either of you so much as think about coming into the bathroom while I'm showering, I'll forgo my whole 'don't fight' mindset and kick both of your asses into next week, and have a room to myself." With that comment, leaving a slightly stunned Papyrus and a smirking Sans, you went into the bathroom, locking the door behind you.

"Oh god I don't think I've ever been so excited to see a shower." You slipped off your backpack and smiled at Flowey.

"Don't worry, I won't pay any attention to you, Frisk." He promised, even putting his leaves over his eyes. You gently put his flower pot to the side, facing away from the shower, before you stripped and got into the shower. The water warmed up quickly and you sighed happily. Using the provided washcloth, you washed away the dirt and dust and small bit of blood from your adventures. Your bandaged burn looked better, and you gently washed that as well. After washing out your hair (about damn time you got all that shit washed out) you finally turned off the water. You had to have been in the shower for almost an hour. You changed into clean clothes-you were running out of clean, undamaged clothes, you noted-and even slipped Sans' jacket back on with a cheeky grin to yourself. You put your bag back on, and picked up Flowey's flower pot, unlocking the door and walking out with a relaxed smile.

"Hey brat." Sans greeted you. He was lounging on the bed. You waved happily.

"Do you want your jacket back now?" You asked him, dropping your bag on the sofa and putting Flowey down where he could observe everything. He shrugged, not saying much. You dug around and luckily found bandages you stuck in your bag from Alphys' lab. You set to work rewrapping your burned arm to keep it protected.

"Papyrus couldn't stand being in a room with me for an hour so he left. Probably grabbing a dinner in the hotel dining room. Wanna join him?" Sans offered, glancing at you. You tugged his jacket closer around you, and nodded.

"Sure, let's grab something to eat." You were pretty hungry, after all. "Wanna come, Flowey?" You asked, and he shook his petal-lined head. With that, you and Sans headed to the dining area of the hotel.