Hot Hot Hotland

"I recognize this place! We're in Hotland." Flowey commented from his usual position on your shoulders. You nodded thoughtfully. It made sense to your mind, seeing as it was very red and orange and yellow, and also quite warm. Oh, yeah, and also covered in lava. "You may want to take off that sweater, Frisk." He said smartly. You nodded again, absolutely agreeing. Snowdin was a good place for sweaters, but this was not. Stopping your trek behind a large boulder, you lifted your flower companion off your shoulders and gently set him on the ground. He dug his roots into the hard ground with a smile. You gave him a questioning look as you slipped off your over-sized brown sweater, revealing a short sleeved shirt underneath it. This meant you couldn't disguse yourself as well, but... At least you wouldn't die of heatstroke. "A way to heal myself, besides eating, is to root myself back into the ground for a short time." He explained, and frowned. "Although, this soil is really bad... Too dry." He did his version of a shrug again.

"I see." You dug through your bag, looking for food yourself. With a triumphant noise, you pulled out a piece of Monster Candy. You munched on it thoughtfully as you slipped your bag back on. "Ready to go?" You asked him. He sighed.

"I kinda miss the soil... But yeah. I wouldn't want to leave you on your own! Plus I don't want this soil anyways." He carefully unrooted himself, and you lifted him back onto your shoulders

"I'll get you a nice pot with some nice soil. I promise." You grinned at him and he smiled back.

"I am glad I met a nice human." He said quietly as the two of you continued your journey. You gave him yet another questioning look, and he explained further. "I've heard nothing but bad about humans. They locked us all down here, treated us wrong... King Asgore made it seem like we should hate all of the humans. One day, a human fell down here. Her name was Chara, and she was a kind human. The King wanted to kill her, as she was a human, and maybe that would get us closer to the barrier. His wife, the Queen, insisted they don't kill the human. Kept her around, much like a servant. One day, she got sick... And died. Prince Asriel absorbed her soul, and then went to the surface. He never had respect for the human child, but, needing an excuse to get into a human village, he took her body to the surface with him. He wanted to kill all the humans, he wanted to destroy the surface and break the barrier while he was at it. Chara's soul fought back, protecting the ones she cared about in her home villiage. She fought back enough that he couldn't fight properly, and the humans attacked him until he was very weak. He returned to the Underground, defeated, and died. This only fueled the King's hatred for humans, and fueled the rest of the Undergrounds anger. Because the Queen insisted on keeping the human around, he blamed her for their sons death. He banished her to the Ruins, boldly claiming if she could bring a seventh human soul to him, he would release her from her banishment. This was assuming, of course, that somehow we got six other human souls, and assuming that a human would even cross her path." He told the whole story with a sad expression. "Ever since, I've never been able to meet a human, and had the impression that all humans were bad. I met one, in the Ruins, but Toriel got to them before I could warn them or befriend them."

You listened to the entire, sad story, and surprisingly felt tears appear in the corners of your eyes. "T-That's awful..." You mumbled. "I'm sorry that all happened this world. I..." You frowned. "If I could help, I would, but I wouldn't know how." You paused in your walking with a heavy sigh. It felt like you had only woken and started your day a few hours ago, and maybe it was just a few hours ago, but you were exhausted already. Looking around, you noticed what looked like some kind of sentry station in front of a bridge. It appeared empty, and based off of the random trash (Were those empty bottles of... Mustard...?) you assumed it was abandoned. You entered it quietly, and flopped down on the ground. Just in case someone walked by, you didn't want to be so easily spotted.

"What are you doing?" Flowey asked you as you put him on the ground so you could relax, and you shrugged.

"Taking a short break. Don't worry. I'm just tired. Plus there was that fighting earlier, really took it out of me. This seems abandoned, after all." You explained as you shut your eyes for a moment. Just for a moment... Yeah...

You were asleep before too long. Oops.

AN: Shorter chapter, I'm sorry. Another encounter with Sans perhaps? But Alphys is coming soon!