Not Friends

Sans 

Sans woke up, not too long after you had escaped the little sentry-station-turned-toll-booth, and quietly noted you were gone. Wait, stop that. He doesn't care. However, he was mildly curious about how you would manage Alphys, and that crazy bipolar robot. What was it's name again...? He couldn't exactly remember. Oh well. His brother Papyrus chose this moment to visit him at his little station in Hotland, and he felt lucky he had woken up before his brother showed up. He loved his bro, he did, but his bro could be mean sometimes.

"Brother. How goes the tolls today?" Papyrus asked. He was scratched up from the fight with Undyne, which ended when the pissed off fish woman slammed him into the rock wall so hard it left a Pap-shaped indent and she walked away.

"'t's quiet, bro." Was the smaller skeleton's response. He took a swig of the conveniently located mustard bottle that was in the booth-thing with him. "Do ya think the human made it past Alphys, or did she get stuck as an experiment?" He shot his brother a mildly curious look.

"I do not know, but she cannot be allowed to become an experiment for that lizard. We'll never see her, and Alphys will never kill her. Thus, we can never take her soul, and free ourselves from this underground prison." He crossed his arms, his eyes narrowing, the scar over his one eye seeming more pronounced for some reason.

"You think we should pay ol' Alph a visit, and see if the human is there?" Sans asked, putting the mustard bottle down. He wanted the humans soul, that's all. He wanted to leave the underground and slaughter the humans for what they did. Yeah, that was it. Not like he cared one iota about you. Never. "Here's an idea. We find the human, and pretend to be friends with her. Lead her straight to Asgore with the promise of friendship. She's headed there anyways, right? Only way out is through that barrier. She's stupid, she'll buy into it. Then, we can take her soul right to Asgore, still livin' and all, and he'll be so impressed with you." He suggested with a somewhat menacing grin.

Papryus seemed to think deeply for a moment, before nodding slowly. "It is not a bad idea, brother. And very vicious, for certain. Come, let us visit a certain yellow dinosaur." He turned and marched down the wooden bridge with a proud and tall stance. Sans shuffled along behind him, starting to have doubts about killing the human. Wait, no, there couldn't be any doubts! This was his one-way ticket to the surface. To killing humans, and seeing the sky. He would never tell his cruel, badass brother, but he wondered what the sky looked like. This would be a chance to not lose the human again, of course. And sort of... Protect them. Not that it would matter in the end. The human would have to die, because that human could never kill another monster to leave the Underground. Much too nice.

"Why haven't you killed me yet, if you want my soul so bad?"

"I really don't know."

The two skeleton brothers walked into the lab like they owned the place, and Alphys was there to greet them, working furiously on her computer. "Yes, yes, hello Sans and Papryus, I'm not surprised to see you two here. Well, Papryus I'm surprised by, how are you up and moving after the beatdown Undyne gave you?" The lizard snickered and Papyrus frowned. "Isn't she just the coooooooolest? Oh, wish she'd come by sometime!" Another crazy giggle.

"Have you seen the human?" Papyrus wasted no time in cutting straight to business.

"The human, the human. The stupid, puny human who managed to escape my grasp... I was so close, you know, so close to my experiments and tests and ohhhhhh I would have done it! I would have figured out Determination and how it works and I would have been honored by the entire Underground! But no no nononono, she just had to escape, thanks to Mettaton, the worthless piece of scrap metal he is, I should have never finished that project, or I should have destroyed him a long time ago--" Her crazy rambling was cut short by Sans storming across the lab to pick up Alphys by the front of her lab coat and slam her into the wall.

"Look, you worthless lizard who has no right to the title "Royal Scientist", was the human here or not?" He growled.

"Y-Yes she was, and I captured her! Mettaton released her, for no real reason, and now she's off in Hotland, heading for the Core! I've set many traps and puzzles for her, so she is sure to never reach Asgore, and she'll die and we'll have her soul! Mettaton may be helping her, but with his personality switches and my control, I don't think he'll be too much help... OH LOOK THE HUMAN HAS REACHED A LASER PUZZLE they'll never solve this one. They'll be injured or killed soon enough!" A string of absolutely insane giggles escaped Alphys and Sans dropped her, looking at the screen. Indeed, you were on it, standing in front of a bunch of lasers, blues and oranges. Sans knew what to do for these, but you didn't.

"C'mon, bro, before she kills herself and we miss our opportunity." Sans muttered, walking towards the exit of the lab. He heard a shout, and turned around. On screen, you had gotten badly hurt by the laser when you tried to go through, it seems. It was a blue laser, and you tried to move through it. "Shit, she's gonna kill herself! Bro, I'm gonna teleport to her. We'll meet up with you." And in the blink of an eye, Sans was gone.

You (Frisk)

Oh jeez, that hurt. A lot. Your arm felt like it was absolutely on fire. You must've burned it pretty badly on that laser-like thing. How were you supposed to get through this? You go back a few meters and sit down by a large rock. It was hot here, and you were miserable. Hot and slightly burned in a few places (most monsters in this area were very fiery. Literally.) and now badly burned, with no way to fix it. No cold water or anything.

"Ah haaaa.... This is stupid." You slump a little. "I'll never make it to Asgore, I'll never make it out of here, Flowey."

Your flower travel companion on your shoulder smiled sadly. "We'll make it! There's some hotel up at the end of Hotland I think, we can fix everything there!" He encouraged you. "You gotta get up and move though." He glanced around, a little bit nervously. "I'm afraid we'll run into another Pyrope or Vulkin." Flaming rope and tiny volcano. Neither were nice to fight.

There was a pop noise and you looked up. Your tired eyes widened, with surprise and fear, and Flowey visibly shrunk back on your shoulders, almost like he was trying to hide in your hair. He found you? Again? Here? You didn't think you could run this time. Lasers ahead, crazy scientist behind... You had nowhere to go, but to face him head on. Would you die here? Would all of this been totally irrelevant because you knew you'd never make it. You'd be stopped somehow, someway. This had to be it, right?

"Hey, brat."