Asgore, King Of The Monsters

Asgores back was to you, and he wouldn't turn around. All you saw was his absolutely massive form, with his cloak on him. It was black with red lining. His hair was black, not golden. He finally turned around and his eyes were like Toriel's. Red, and full of malice. He looked stone cold and radiated a feel of evil, but it was a heavy kind of evil. It was the kind where he had done it for many ages, and at this point he was numb to it. It no longer affected him, where at one point it might have. He had a beard, which was also black. If he wasn't so evil looking, you might have wanted to touch it, it looked so fluffy.

"Human, hm? You're the human who has been traipsing through my Underground?" His voice was deep and sent chills down your spine, but you stood your ground firmly.

"My name is Frisk and I just want to go home." You said firmly, staring at him.

"Human, you will not be going home. No, I will be taking your soul and freeing my people, to reclaim our world rightfully." He stated simply, as if it was such a simple concept. "But, since you have made it so far, I wish to show you something. It's impressive you've made it so far, and you will die anyways. Follow me." He said, turning and leaving the throne room. Sans grabbed your arm again and dragged you after him. It seemed like he was having some kind of internal battle. Sans gave Papyrus a look and Papyrus nodded just barely. You wondered what that was about.

Going through a couple more grey hallways, you finally reached where Asgore had gone. Sans roughly shoved you in, and you stumbled but stayed upright. They stood like sentries at the door, like they were gonna keep you from running if you tried. Looking into the room, you were.... Not sure what you were looking at. It was black, and then it was white, and then it was black again. It pulsated like this, and it was nearly hypnotic. "What is this?" You asked, and then you remembered vaguely from your own world. It was the Barrier.

"This is the Barrier, the one thing keeping us here." Asgore explained. You glanced back at Sans and noticed he was looking at it with a strange sense of longing. "By taking your soul, I will have enough to break this Barrier and free everyone." Asgore continued with a low tone of voice. "Wouldn't you, who appears to be such a kind human, want that? To help our kind?" He pressed. It sounded like he was trying to goad you into just... Letting him kill you.

But you refused.

"Asgore... Right? I want to go. That's all I want. If your kind didn't want to kill all of my kind so badly I would have considered helping you. If you crossed the Barrier, you would destroy human society. I can't let that happen." You explained yourself carefully. You had no weapons, you had no chance of putting up any kind of fight beyond a verbal one, so that's all you would do. Besides, you refused to fight.

"To cross this Barrier you would need the soul of a Boss Monster, which is what I am. Sans and Papyrus are also Boss Monsters, but I am the most powerful of them all. You would have to kill me to get through." He hoisted a large, red, trident-like weapon. You remembered this from your own universe, your own timeline. He would hit you with it, and shoot fire at you, and you had no choice but to strike him back, until Toriel came and saved you. That's when everyone's souls were taken by Flowey, that's when it was revealed that Flowey was actually Asriel Dreemurr, that's when everything made sense again. But this?

This was the end.

He swung at you and you threw yourself to the ground in a desperate attempt to dodge the hit. It barely missed you, making your hair move with the wind it created. He then slammed it down into the ground, prongs first, in an attempt to skewer you, but you rolled to the side. It caught the side of your shirt and ripped it. You pushed yourself off the ground and gave yourself some distance between him and you, catching your breath. He didn't seem to break a sweat at all. He summoned fireballs and threw them at you, much like Toriel's attacks, and you dodged with a yelp. However, some of these fireballs seemed to follow you around for a moment. The first fireball to follow you caught you so off guard that it smacked into your leg, burning the fabric of your pants and the leg underneath it. This made you collapse with a shout, and an evil smirk formed on Asgore's face. He had you now.

At least, that's what he thought.

As he attempted to skewer you a second time, you rolled away and stood behind him now. Seeing a clear opening for the Barrier, you limp-ran to it as fast you could... Only to smack into it. You pounded your fist on it, but it wouldn't budge, it wouldn't break.

"I told you, you need my soul." Asgore chuckled darkly, yanking you back to stand pitifully in front of him. With a wave of his hand, a ring of fire surrounded the two of you. Even though you couldn't get through the Barrier on your own, now you couldn't run far from him. You had to face him head-on, which is exactly what he wanted. He rained fire down upon you, and you jumped left, right, back, and forward in desperate moves to dodge the falling fire. Fire was thrown at you, it chased you, it surrounded you. Your clothes were charred and burnt and cut and your skin was raw from burns and injuries. His damn trident would cut you on occasion as you dodged and yelled, trying to negotiate and talk your way out of this.

There was no chance for negotiation.

After a particularly bad swipe from the trident, which both cut you and knocked you down, you saw Sans flinch forward, like he wanted to fight for you, but with a single look and lift of Papyrus' hand, he stayed back with a solemn look of guilt. Your energy was sapped. You were exhausted. This entire trip through this world had exhausted yourself. You just... All you wanted was to go back to your world. To your Toriel who made you cinnamon-butterscotch pie, your sans who made puns and slept like it was his job, your Papyrus who loved spaghetti and making you smile, your Asgore who was like a fluffy dad figure. To your everything. This was not your world. Except you saw no escape. Your one escape was impossible to go through, so what were you to do now?

Now. You make a final stand. And this final stand included kicking the shit out of that Barrier and breaking it with sheer force of will. You were going home, dammit.

Making a leap over the fire, you thought you would make it... When the trident slammed itself into your back, prongs first. Falling to the ground in pain, you looked down at your chest and saw the tip of it poking out. This was it.

This is how you died.

This is how you tried to see other worlds, and this is how you died.

The last thing you remembered seeing before everything went black was Sans running forward, hand covered in magic shouting at Asgore, and Papyrus trying to hold him back.

AN: THIS IS NOT THE END. I repeat, this is not the end. I'm evil so it's a cliffhanger, but I plan on updating tomorrow, don't worry.