More and More Encounters

"Again with this brat." Sans muttered, arms crossed as he looked at your sleeping form on the floor of his sentry station in Hotland. Flowey had snuggled into your backpack and had also fallen asleep. "It's like she seeks me out, or seeks trouble out." He shook his head, wondering if he should bother waking you up or not. He was supposed to be working here, running the tolls for the bridge. Some sort of plan cooked up by... Who again? He couldn't exactly remember right now... He didn't feel like working, so he didn't mind the intrusion. Being careful to not wake you (no, he didn't give a shit about you, he just didn't want to deal with you... Yeah that was it) he settled into the chair in the station and soon was asleep himself.

Imagine your surprise when you woke up and almost screamed. Stopping yourself before you did, though, you stared with wide eyes. Sans was asleep, snoring away, in a chair, less than five feet from you. Wasting exactly zero time, you snatched up a just-woken and confused Flowey and your bag and bolted as quietly as possible. Not stopping until you were safely across the bridge, you let out a very shaky breath. "Oh, that was too close." You mumbled.

Flowey nodded. "I agree! That was stupid of you! Falling asleep, in a sentry station?! Someone was bound to come there eventually!" He snapped at you, smacking your face with his leaves. Honestly, it didn't hurt, it was just annoying. You sighed heavily, started to walk again.

"Look, I'm sorry, I think I was more exhausted than I realized." You tried to explain, and then stopped, craning your head back. In front of you was a massive white building. It stood out like a sore thumb in this red-orange landscape.

"Whoa." Flowey's eyes were huge, taking this building in.

"Let's go through it." You suggest. Another leaf smack.

"Don't be stupid."

The other paths that branched off looked dangerous, and also there were two large, buff-looking guard type monsters decked out in black armor coming down one of those paths. "No time to argue with me, Flowey! I see two guards and a dangerous path. Through the white building we go!" You darted to the doors, pulling them open and stepping inside.

It was very dark inside, and smelled strongly of... What was that? You couldn't quite place it. "Blood. I smell blood." Flowey whispered fearfully. Ah, yes. Blood and cleaning supplies. You could just barely make out the inside of the building. It was pretty cluttered from what you could see. Taking careful, slow steps inside, you froze when the lights suddenly flickered on. You wish they stayed off. Besides the stacks of paper, food trash, and other trash, there was spots and puddles of blood and other liquids you decidedly did not want to get aquatinted with. There was movement in front of you, and you focused your attention there.

"Oh. Ohhhhh. This is perfect! Hello, hello! I've been waiting for this, oh yes! Welcome, human." A short, yellow lizard-like creature came stumbling forth, messing with their lab coat. It had patches of red too. Blood? You shuddered at the thought of it. They also wore glasses with strange spirals on the glass. "My name is Alphys! I'm the Royal scientist." She announced proudly. You assumed this was a girl, based on the higher pitch of voice. "You've been on quite the adventure. All those encounters with the skeletons and then Undyne!" You would swear till your dying day they seemed to swoon when they said Undyne's name.

"Uh. Hi. I'm--" you start to say, and she just jumped forward, shaking your hand rapidly.

"I know! You're Frisk! And this is your flower companion, Flowey. I've been... Observing." She grinned, and it reminded you of a mad scientist from movies and stuff.

"Okay. Nice to meet you... Alphys. I should be going, I didn't see a way to proceed except for coming through here." You explained, looking a bit uncomfortable. She nodded excitedly, dragging you through her lab/home.

"Oh, yes, the way through to the next area is through my lab! Unless you used the north path, I suppose... Hmm... What fun is an easy path?!" She giggled, almost sounded deranged to your ears. "I've always wanted to meet a human. Come, come!" She pulled you through a couple hallways and finally you entered a small room with some kind of medical table with various instruments. Some... Looked bad. "Sit, sit, make yourself comfortable! You're safe here. See I've always wanted a human friend. You're the rarest thing down here! It would be sooooo cool to be your friend! So I won't tell anyone you're here."

You consider her words for a moment. "I'll be your friend Alphys, if I can stay here for a day or so. I need to rest, badly. And I need a safe place to do that." You explain as you sit on the table carefully. Flowey frowned at you, but said nothing just yet.

Alphys only smiled brightly. "Of course, of course!! Safe, safe, safe... I just... Wanna run a few tests? Pleaseeeeeeee?" She was basically bouncing on her toes. Claws? Claws.

"Are these gonna hurt her?" Flowey finally spoke up. "Because she's already hurt."

"Oh! You're hurt! Wait wait wait I can fix this! Let me fix this up, and then when you are 100% we can run the tests! I want perfect results! Once in a lifetime oppertunity, after all!" Another deranged giggle, sifting through the tools to find less deadly looking objects. "Now. Where are you hurt?"

You showed her your shoulder injury from the Ruins-much better now, but should be looked at-and some of your bigger scrapes and stuff. Alphys used bandages and some kind of cream, which she assured you would only help and not hurt, on the worst of it and you really did feel a lot better at this point. "Thank you Alphys." You said kindly.

"Oh! Anything for my new friend! Come, come, let me give you the grand tour!!" And she did just that. The only thing that wasn't shown to you was the basement, with a warning. "Don't ever go down there, Frisk. Especially at night." Her face and tone were very serious for a few moments, before another giggle escaped. "Okay! So, I've got one bed. I won't make you take the floor or couch..." She glanced around with a shy smile. "Yeah... It's not too tidy, I'm sorry. So! Sharing a bed it is!" She dragged you to her room, which was also fairly messy, but not as gross. And the bed was clear, at least. You almost groaned at the sight of an actual bed.

"Oh, bless you Alphys." You muttered, collapsing on the bed. You weren't tired, not after your earlier nap. You just wanted to feel the bed and sighed happily. Comfort, for the first time in a few days (has it really only been a few days?) meant so much to you right now.