Questions Answers

You woke with a strange sense of foreboding, and on first instinct you glanced around to make sure things were okay. Flowey was still resting beside you, and you were unharmed and your things were in order. So why do things feel wrong?

"Heh. You're awake." A deep voice straight from nightmares said. You jumped straight up, eyes wide. "Nah, relax. This time I'm not gonna kill you. I actually wanna talk." Sans said, leaning against the cave wall.

"W-why would you want to talk?"

"Well you won't fight, you'll just talk anyways. No one here is a decent monster, no one here will take the time to answer questions I'm sure you're brimming with and that flower isn't gonna know everything either. So, since I am someone who can appreciate curiosity, and you'll die eventually anyways, I'll answer questions you have. For now. This doesn't make us friends or nothing." He explained in a bored tone. You nod slowly, deciding to take full advantage of this, and badly hoping Flowey didn't wake and freak out.

"Why is everyone so badly after my soul?" Was the first question out of your mouth. His signature sinister smirk showed up again.

"Well, besides it giving a monster power, if we get one more soul, we break the barrier that keeps us here. Then we can wreck havoc on the humans above. Wonder what their screams will sound like." He chuckled darkly. You shuddered in horror again.

"How can I get to the surface?"

At this question, he frowned. "You know you aren't gonna make it. Besides having to get through the Underground, you have to get past Asgore, the King of the monsters. This kindness shit you have going on? That won't cut it through the Underground, and especially not with Asgore himself. You'll have to fight, or even kill, if you really want out."

You returned his frown. "I won't fight. I won't kill. I refuse to." You said with determination. He laughed, his gold tooth glinting in the low light.

"Okay, well, that's your funeral. My bro and I are still after your ass, and Undyne will be on your trail soon enough. However, since I'm so damn kind, I'll let you go and I won't tell Pap that you've retreated to Waterfall." He grinned. You couldn't help a small smile.

"Thank you." You said sincerely.

"Don't thank me. I'm not your friend, I'm being a nice guy for once. This means nothing." He snapped, before turning to leave. He stopped for a moment. "By the way, my bro and I have been going real easy on you, because we didn't think you'd need a ton of force to kill. So, after you've escaped a couple times, we're amping it up now. Be warned." Then, he literally disappeared before your very eyes.

Flowey chose this moment to wake up. "Huh? What's... What's going on?" You gently pat his petals with a small smile.

"We're fine. Nothing bad happened, and I feel rested. Plus, I think most of my injures are more or less healed, to the point where I can comfortably move." You smiled brightly. "But... Can I ask you something?"

The flower nodded. "Anything, Frisk!"

"Who's Undyne?" You asked nervously. "I've heard their name mentioned a few times. Along with fearful looks, or warning tones."

Flowey sighed heavily, looking down. "I don't think I ever met her personally, but I've heard rumors. Leader of the Royal Guard. Papyrus is after her job, everyone knows it. She's one of the best fighters in the Underground and she's totally ruthless too. I think Sans is worse, honestly, but she's bad too. Let's avoid her entirely." He said with a nervous laugh. You nodded quickly, totally agreeing with the 'leave angry monster alone' statement.

You picked up Flowey and he decided to travel on your arm again, curled around it like a snake with his petal-lined head on your shoulder. You slipped on your backpack, and started to leave the cave.

"The mud on your face is starting to come off. Do you want to reapply it, or wash it off and take your chances?" Flowey asked. You frowned in thought, and then crouched by some water. You splashed your face with the water until the majority of the mud was gone, but left the leaves in your hair.

"We'll be okay, I think. C'mon, let's go." You continue your walk through this place. What did Sans call it? Ah yes. Waterfall. Makes since. There was lots of water, and waterfalls. It was very pretty here too. There were some interesting blue flowers around, and they seemed to whisper to you. Flowey explained that they are called Echo Flowers, and that they repeat snippets of conversation the flowers overhead.

Laughing a little at that idea, you went up to one and listened. "The human won't make it far." That voice. That was definitely Papyrus' voice. Continuing on, and listening to different flowers, you heard a conversation between the brothers.

"I dunno, bro. They're stronger than I thought. All that damn determination." Ah, yes, that would be Sans.

"Yes, but soon enough they will encounter Undyne. They cannot possibly get past her." Papyrus, again.

"Undyne is probably not happy with us right now either..." Sans, but he sounded nervous now.

"This is true. We shall have to be careful." Papyrus.

"Why are we in Waterfall again?" Sans sounded confused now. So he did keep his word.

"Where else could the human have gone? They ran from Snowdin, and this is the next place for them to go." That was the end of the Echo Flowers in this area.

"They're here." You muttered, mostly to yourself. "Great." You came across some really tall grass, and trudged through it with a frown, hating that you couldn't exactly see everything now.

"Tell me, Skeletons, just WHY you don't have the human, or even their soul?!" You heard a very pissed off, female voice shout. Her shout could rival Papyrus' loud voice.

"The human is stronger and craftier than we thought they would be. They easily slipped through us, and could withstan--" Papyrus was cut off with what sounded like a huge crash. This sounded disturbingly close to you. Probably just outside this tall grass. You edged closer to the edge of the grass and peeked through.

You saw a blue fish-lady with fiery red hair, wearing black armor stuff. She also had an eyepatch. She looked beyond pissed. The crash you heard was a large, red spear that looked like it was made out of magic or energy or something that was wedged in the ground between Sans and Papyrus, who were both there, getting yelled at by this fish woman. This must be Undyne!

The skeleton brothers looked like they could be in danger from her. While they were also out for your soul.... You didn't want anyone to get hurt. You but your lip in deep thought. Should you go out there and try to help them?

Finally, you decided yes, you should, and jumped out, brandishing your stick with a yell.

AN: Yo, if any of you beautiful readers have ideas for this, lemme know in a comment!