29 | All the Way from Monaco

Dedicated to jenleighna because Charming and Awkward is one of my new faves.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I woke up with to a really cold room and I snuggled in my duvet.

"Winter, you should be getting ready," a voice said beside my bed. "Our guests are coming today."

"It's okay, you can handle that, Mom," I mumbled. "Just tell them the princess is to sleepy to get up."

My mother chuckled and removed the duvet from my body.

"It's freezing!" I complained.

"That's why I've already prepared a warm bath for you," she said. "Come on, get up."

I groaned and headed to the bathroom.

"Being a princess is a real pain in the ass," I mumbled.

"Good morning too," my mother said and left the room.

Our guests from Monaco are arriving today and I'm expected to be there since they are my friends as well. This year, we will be having a Christmas ball again and we've invited a lot of friends, including the monarchs of Monaco. They arrived earlier since they wanted to see Britain's tourist spots.

After my bath, I put on a blue dress and a pair of stilettos to match. Just when I finished, Natalia came knocking on my door.

"Come in, Natalia," I said as I put on my earrings.

"Miss, the guests are arriving in 10 minutes," she said.

"Alright, I'm done," I said. "Let's go downstairs to meet them."

* * *

We were sitting on the couches when the guests arrived.

"Isabella!" Princess Therese exclaimed as she enveloped me in a hug. "I missed you!"

"How was your flight?" I asked with a smile.

"I say 'I miss you' and all you do is ask me about my flight?" she teased.

"Alright, I'm sorry," I said. "I missed you too Therese."

"That's more like it," she said with a wink.

She approached my mother and gave her a hug as well. Therese is a very lovely lady. We met about 2 years ago when we went to Monaco and we've been friends ever since.

"Princess," the Prince of Monaco said as he shook my hand.

"Hello Prince Louis," I greeted. "Hello Princess Gabriella."

"Hello, dear," she said and smiled at me.

Therese approached us again and dragged me by my elbows. She's quite the hyperactive character which just makes her more fun to be with. Like Cassie, she also says that I'm too stiff all the time and that I should lay off with my work.

"Come on, Isabella," she said excitingly. "Make me a cup of your famous English tea!"

"It's hardly my famous cup of English tea," I said with a chuckle. "It's actually just Twinings English Breakfast tea. I just put hot water and place the tea bag."

"Less talking, more walking towards the kitchen," she huffed.

We sat on the stools in the kitchen as I made Therese tea. She was happily munching on a muffin when I finished making her tea.