38 | Turn of Events

Dedicated to TheMatchmakerMandM for all those lovely Unexpected covers!  My favorite one is down beloooooooow <3

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

When me, Nate and Natalia entered the school, hundreds of people were inside and I couldn't help but feel nervous. I made sure that the school was really spacious and can occupy hundreds of people so that competitions could be held here as well. Lord knows how hard it is to find a really big skating rink for competitions so sometimes, limited people can go and watch the skaters' performances.

The people cheered when they saw us and I waved and smiled at them.

"Look, Kelly! It's the Princess!" a mother said to her really cute probably four or five-year old daughter who was wearing a pink tutu. I decided to approach them since she was really too cute and I was a sucker for cute children.

"Hello Kelly," I said, crouching down to her level.

"Mommy, the Princess knows my name?" she whispered, with her hand covering her mouth and her eyes wide.

"That's right," her mom said.

"Do you ice skate, Kelly?" I asked her.

"Not yet. But my mommy says that I can go here tomorrow and they will teach me how to," she said.

"That's nice. I wish you luck. I know you'll be a really good skater someday," I said and pinched her cheeks.

I looked at her mother and asked, "Isn't she a bit too young to be skating?"

"Well, Your Highness, she was very persistent," her mother answered.

I said goodbye to them and proceeded on greeting and talking to as much people as I can when the host announced that it was time for my performance.

I sat down on a bench with Nate beside me and tied my skates.

"Breathe, munchkin," Nate said.

"I am," I said and smiled at him.

He gave me a quick kiss, which was obviously photographed by the newspaper and magazine photographers. The flash of light couldn't deny that they were taking tons of pictures. The kiss felt like just a second but the photographers probably captured about a hundred photos.

"I'll still take you out for pizza after," Nate said.

"I'm counting on that promise," I said and slid on the ice.

I gave a short speech and signaled the personnel to play the music. I performed my Swan Lake routine gracefully. Even though it's been years since I performed that routine, I still remembered it clearly because it was the routine that made me the champion in one of the competitions I participated in. As I glided on the ice, I felt free and my heart was beating like crazy but I was calm and composed. Ice skating was my first love because it made me forget. That time, I was still mourning from Maisie's death and dealing with my mother as well and as a teenager, that's not something you can just ignore. But, when I spent most of my time skating, I had the chance to forget all of it and just feel free. Just as I was about to finish, gunshots were fired and the people went into panic.

I was the only one on ice and I stood there, disoriented by everything that's happening. Even though I'm a princess, I haven't actually experienced something like this before because I was either always inside the palace, I was disguised as another person in another country, or I could just take peaceful walks because no one really shows potential harm to me. When I thought of Nate, I snapped out of my stunned state and quickly skated towards the bench where me and Nate sat before my performance. But, Nate was nowhere to be seen.

"Nate!" I shouted in panic. "Nate!"

Just when I looked toward another direction, a hand covered my mouth and my body was being pulled. I couldn't use my feet to struggle since I was wearing skates and it just slid on the floor. I tried removing the hand on my mouth as well but the person holding me was very strong and was taking me towards the back entrance. I struggled with all my might but it was just no use. When the person managed to take me outside, I spotted a black SUV and other men with plain white masks covering their faces. The others helped the man holding me and carried me inside the SUV. When they finally let go of my mouth to tie my hands behind my back, I shouted.

"What do you all fucking want!"

None of them replied but one said, "This bitch is much more hard work than that pretty boy of hers."

"That's because he's already knocked out cold," another one said.

Their voices were muffled by their masks.

"Nate?! Where is Nate?! Where did you bring him?!"

I was about to scream and demand to know where Nate was when a hand came in contact with my cheek and I could taste the blood in my mouth. 

"You better shut up or we'd tell our friends to kill that pretty boy of yours," one of the guys said and another pulled a cloth and tied it to my mouth.

After a few minutes the van stopped and I was dragged outside, a hand covering my eyes. I still had a hard time walking on my skates and because I was being dragged brutally, I managed to sprain my ankle. 

The man let go of me and pushed me toward a small room that was completely empty. He removed the cloth tied to my mouth and I was actually glad to be able to move my jaw again. He also removed the ropes tying my hands and when he was done, I grabbed his hair and was about to hit his head on the concrete wall but he was much stronger and he pushed me down, messing up my ankle even more.

"Argh!" I shouted from the pain.

"Bitch," the man said and left me inside the room. I tried to move again and it resulted to me shouting because of the pain in my ankle. 

"Winter! Winter is that you!" I heard Nate's voice outside.

"Nate!" I shouted and crawled towards the wooden door and banged it while shouting his name.

"Winter!" I heard someone bang my door as well. "Are you alright, munchkin? Did these arseholes hurt you?"

I was about to respond and tell him that I was fine except for my messed up ankle but I heard someone punch Nate and I also heard him fall to the ground. I desperately tried to look under the door and saw Nate on the floor, his face bruised and someone kicking him.

"Nate!" I shouted. 

I was frustrated that he was so close yet I can't even help him because I was locked inside. 

"Stop hurting him!" I screeched and rattled the doorknob, trying to pry the door open but I knew it was no use. "Nate!"

I looked under the door and saw that he was unconscious and someone was dragging him. I could only pray that the police will find us soon.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Still dying from college studies......... :( 

A bit of action in heeeeere hope you guys liked it!

Philippine Elections happening today and we're all on edgeeeeee!!!

Love, Alex

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE