1 | Like a dieting kid to calories

Dedicated to my friend, Sonia (green_fizzle_pop). I met her here in Wattpad. She cheered me up when I was having problems and for me, she's really amazing. Love you Sonia!

CHAPTER ONE

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

They say that life for a princess is pretty easy. They say that all a princess does is have tea and crumpets in the garden or take an afternoon stroll at the park. They think it's just all about pretty dresses, jewelry and dainty shoes. I hate to break it up to you, but that's not even half of the story. I'm a princess and I've got to tell you, there isn't a damn thing perfect about it.

I sat on my chair as the teacher droned on about the Industrial Revolution. Half of the class looked just like me: droopy eyes and chins propped up on their palms. Well at least I'm not the only one who finds this lesson super boring. I sneaked a peek on my watch and realized that it was only 5 minutes before this trip to hell ends. It's not that I find the topic very boring that I have no interest in listening, but the fact that I've memorized the details of this is what made me lose the will to pay attention. For someone who already knows the tiniest, most specific details of the Industrial Revolution, it was such a waste of time to still absorb the information.

When the class ended, I stood up from my seat and headed towards the door when someone blocked my path. A flash of red hair stood in front of me. Great, it's my biggest fan. No, I'm not being sarcastic! She really is my biggest fan. She's kind of stalker-ish really.

"Hey Winter!" she exclaimed as her eyes filled with excitement.

"Hi there Cindy! Don't you have class?" I asked kindly. Snapping at her wouldn't help. Oh trust me, I've tried.

"No, I have free time just like you. I mean, just like all the Juniors. We all have free time." She looked at me with a big grin on her face. "So maybe you could teach me how to perfect a cartwheel."

"Oh I'm sorry Cindy, but I have things to do. Why don't you just go and ask another one of the cheerleaders to teach you," I said.

"Oh okay! I'll just ask Megan!" she said and took off.

Cindy Jones is a Junior like me and she's been bugging me to teach her the stunts that cheerleaders do for years. I don't know why she decided to bug me instead of the other cheerleaders but I've got a guess that maybe it's because all of them snap at her except for me. I've tried... but sadly it didn't work. Last year, she convinced Layla to teach her the basic jump but she sprained her ankle and had to stay home for two weeks. And about three months ago, she asked Martina to teach her how to twirl and she ended up banging her left arm on a wooden bench. She had to wear a cast for a whole month. Last week was an improvement though, because she managed to not injure herself but instead, she accidentally kicked a janitor on the nose.

But despite all her failed attemps, the girl still won't give up for her own good. She's kinda like the Karen Smith from Mean Girls.

I laughed quietly to myself as I headed towards the bathroom.

Looking at the mirror, I fixed my brown hair into a ponytail and fixed my black specs on the bridge of my nose. This was what I looked like here at Westrgrove Academy for the Elite. Yep. I'm definitely one of those people who happen to be enrolled here. Westgrove is a prestigious school for VIP kids. Me? Well, I'm kind of the Princess of England. Shocking huh? But nobody here knows that because that's what I went here for - to have a normal life. I've managed to be a cheerleader yet I hid myself behind 29 others. I stayed away from the spotlight despite the fact that I was the best flyer among us.