16

ISLA

I traced the rim of my cup with my index finger, completely ignoring the woman sat across from me.

"Isla," she said.

If I hit her hard enough with this mug would I knock her out?

"Isla," she repeated.

I wonder if I could use the shards as a weapon in case she doesn't get knocked out.

"Isla."

I held up the cup. Seems sturdy enough to knock someone out.

"Isla Maria Hawthorne," she said and I winced.

I hated my middle name. It was too girly and not me, despite it being my legal name.

"Yes mother?" I replied, stonily.

"I asked how you were," my mother said.

"As well as an abandoned child could be mother."

"You sound like you were orphaned," she said.

"I might as well have been," I said, looking up her for the first time.

She ignored my comment. "How's school? Meet any cute boys?"

"No," I said. "Because I'm not looking at the fucking boys."

She sipped her tea. "Well why not?"

I looked at her white dress then back down at my orange juice. I wonder how much that dress cost. Would be a pity it got ruined.

"Isla," she said.

"Because mother," I said. "I am what they call a homosexual. I like not the opposite sex but the same sex. I like girls. I'd rather eat pussy than choke on dick—"

My mother slammed her hand on the table causing me to jump.

People turned to look at us. She laughed nervously. "Kids."

The old ladies in the tea shop seemed satisfied with that answer and turned back to their conversations.

She dropped her voice to a deadly whisper. "I am your mother and you will treat me with respect do you understand?"

I gulped and nodded.

"Good," she said and leaned back in her chair.

"How's your brother?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said faking innocence. "Doesn't he live at your house?"

"I meant Will," she seethed.

"How's Matt? And Emma and Anna?" I asked. I leaned forward and placed my elbows on the table with my hands under my chin. "How's dad? Does he know you're cheating on him with his best friend?"

My mom paled. "Keep your voice down," she whispered, in panic. "What do you want?"

"Will and I get to move back in," I said. "No curfew, you accept my lesbian-ness, and my girlfriend gets to come over."

My mom's mouth dropped. "You have a girlfriend?"

"And she gets to sleep over," I said.

"Absolutely not!"

"Poor dad," I sighed. "He'll be devastated."

"Fine," my mother said. "You may move back in on Saturday."

I stood up and blew her a bitchy air kiss. "Thanks a bunch mom."

For once I had won the battle against my mom.

I almost forgot about the cup.

Almost but not quite.

I 'accidentally' spilled the orange juice. My mother gasped as it hit the skirt of her white dress.

I shrugged. "Whoops."

Isla- 2

Bitchy Mom- 0

A/N:

Do ya'll see why I was so excited for this chapter? 

I haven't finished writing the last two chapters to be updated today so you might have to wait anywhere between half an hour to two hours for the next update or even ten minutes idk just keep a heads up.