21

MIA

There was a slight chill to the air on the morning of Halloween. The group was all meeting at Bea and Beth's house before school so we could arrive at school like one huge group.

Despite having gone to the same store none of us knew each other's costumes.

Isla got in the passenger seat of my car and leaned over to give me a kiss, which I accepted.

Will and Matt climbed in the back. "Hi Mia," Matt said.

"Morning," I replied, pulling out of their drive way.

Matt went to the same school as us. Except he was a freshman so us seniors didn't see him that often.

"To Bea's," Matt said.

I glanced at him in the rear view mirror. "What's your costume?" I asked.

"I'm me," he said. "Scary right?"

"Terrifying," I laughed.

"I'm just kidding," he said. "I'm changing at the twins'. I'll be Clark Kent."

I nodded in approval as we pulled up to Bea and Beth's condo. We climbed out with garment bags and all walked to the building. We pressed the floor of the twins' condo and rode the elevator up.

Beth opened the door. "Everyone's already here," she said. "Get dressed."

+

I looked around, taking in the costumes. Isla was wearing a red wig and dressed as Black Widow. I had my hair curled and was dressed as Spider Woman. Will was dressed as Captain America and Finnegan as Iron Man. Mcallister was Wolverine and O'Connor was Thor.

Bea and Davis 1 and Beth and Davis 2 were dressed were the only ones dressed as couples. Davis 1 was Clint Barton and Bea was Kate Bishop, Davis 2 was Hank Pym and Beth was Wasp.

"Seriously?" Isla said. "Mia and I aren't even dressed like a couple."

"And not just because there isn't any lesbian marvel heroes," I added.

"What she said," said Isla.

I smiled at her. "We should go before class starts."

Will, Isla, Matt and I waved goodbye and left the twins' condo.

+

Isla gave a small yelp as my hand reached out and grabbed her, tucking her into an alcove under the stairs.

I shushed her. "You are looking way too hot right now," I told her. She gave a small spin. "And I haven't been able to kiss you all day and as I just mentioned you're looking way too hot today."

"It's the wig," she said.

"Or it's the fact that you're wearing a really tight black body suit that I've been thinking of how to get off all day," I said. "But sure let's go with the wig."

She laughed and I covered my mouth with hers, pinning her against the wall. Unlike usual I was in control of the kiss. I moved my lips from hers and kissed her jawline, heading down to her neck.

"Mia," she gasped. "I'm—I'm gonna be late."

"Fuck class," I said. "I'm learning a lot right here."

She laughed but, it was more like a breath.

She gripped the fabric of my costume as I brought my lips back to hers, pushing myself against her until there was no room between us and she was practically pressed against the wall.

I nibbled softly on her lip and she emitted a small moan before we were interrupted by the bell.

She pulled back. "Do I have make out wig?" she asked.

I laughed. "No," I said. "Do I have make out hair?"

She shook her head no. "Just how much hairspray did you put on?"

"Just enough," I replied.

She picked up her bag. "We'll finish this later," she said, leaving.

+

"Hey are we getting out of here?" Isla asked me.

The rest of the group wasn't staying for the school dance. Instead we were heading to Isla's house to hang out.

"Sure," I said, taking her hand.

"And maybe we can take a little detour." I smiled at her words.

"Anyway that Will can find another ride?" I asked.

"Already done."

I smiled as we started running to my car.

Isla and I were sitting the backseat of my car kissing. She groaned as her phone rang and rolled off of me to get her phone.

She turned it on speakerphone as she answered. "Hey Will," she said.

"Where are you?" Will asked.

"Hi Will," I said.

"And it all becomes clear," he said. "I'll tell them you'll be here in half an hour."

"Thanks," Isla said and hung up. "We should probably get going."

I sighed.

"We need to do this more often," she said, as we hopped into our seats.

I nodded in agreement and started driving.

+

"I dare you..." Beth trailed off. We were playing Truth or Dare and Beth was daring O'Connor. "To sit in nothing but your boxers for the rest of the game."

Davis two looked over at her. "Are you good?!" he exclaimed.

She shrugged. "Thor turns me on," she said and pushed up her glasses.

He looked at O'Connor. "Give me your clothes."

We laughed.

O'Connor stripped down to his boxers. Like the rest of the guys he worked out a lot.

"There," Beth said. "And now I'm turned off."

Davis two slid closer to her and put an arm around her shoulders. She looked up at him and he smiled down at her and whispered something in her ear.

Beth sighed. "Never mind."

We laughed.

"O'Connor go," Davis one said.

"Mia," he said. "Truth or dare."

I took a sip of my beer. "Dare."

Isla raised her eyebrow at me but said nothing.

"I dare you to stuff four ice cubes in your bra," he said.

"So O'Connor obviously won't make it home alive," I said.

"Hurry up," he said.

I sighed and stood up heading to the mini fridge. I got out four ice cubes and shoved them in my bra with a shiver.

"Don't worry," Isla said. "I'll warm them up later."

"I'm freezing."

"Or I could do it now."

I laughed and we continued with the game.