Chapter 14:The One That Got Away

Vienesse POV

Lugong lugong umuwi si Klein. Hindi pa ito nagsasalita simula ng umalis kami sa ball.

All the maids are dead. The mansion was infiltrated. Bullets are everywhere. Those guys had been here. So, si Fleance ang nagsabing nasa ball si Klein.

His father left a note that he left for business arrangement.

Hurt was swritten on his face.

"Why does it always have to be me? About money?"He stared down exhausted. Klein isn't rich, He's very rich. He's dad is a billionaire and so is he. I bet the mansion costs millions.

"I know you're disappointed about the whole incident but I know it has to be this way"I explained to him but this doesn't change his whole expression.

"Does it include killing innocent people? Damn it! They should have said before and I will willingly give the money they want"Kita sa mukha niya ang galit.

"It wasn't money Klein, They want you dead"Pormal na sabi ko.

Klein's POV

Natahimik ako sa sinabi ni Vienesse. So, it isn't money after all. It all makes sense now, if they want money, it should be his father who they should kill, he's the jackpot. But why me?

"I know Fleance has something to do with this. But why does she want me dead? She's cunning and smart. She ruined the love I thought was real"Mapait kong sabi.

A memory crossed my mind.

"Come one Klein, wipe that arrogant face. You'll be my escort in the ball whether you like it or not. You know me I get what I want"Fleance said brattily.

"What if I don't want to? What do you have to do brat?"Kausap ko ang eighteen years old na si Fleance. We were childhood friends. Nothing changed in her, mula nang umuwi siya mula sa Europe. She's still that brat I used to know back then. I was her puppet and she pulled the strings. She was a master blackmailer.

Natawa siya sa akin.

Kinuha niya ang smart phone ko.

"Then, I don't have a choice but to text your girlfriend something you won't like"Nag-umpisa itong pumindot.

"Are you blackmailing me?"Galit na kinuha ko sa kanya ang cell phone ko.

"Call it what you want Klein but I ain't giving you any choice"Banta pa niya sa akin.

I silently nodded. I'm just gonna be her escort, not her boyfriend. I decided to play along.

Napangiti ito. Sumilay sa mukha nito ang tagumpay.

I love Winter Green Evans. I won't let anyone hurt her even this cunning little bitch.

"O bakit parang napipilitan ka lang? Am I not good enough for you? I know I'm beautiful, lahat ng lalaki nagkakandarapa sa akin. I know you love me too"Egoistic na sabi niya.

"I can be your escort, but that ends there. There are still things that money and beauty can never buy. Isa pa, I would never fall for someone like you, a brat"Nauna akong sumakay sa kotse.

Ni hindi ko siya pinagbuksan ng pinto. Lukot ang mukha niyang sumakay sa kotse.

Humayo ang sasakyan papunta sa saing sikat na hotel.The whole edifice is situated in the heart of the city. Where is has Greek Architecture, It has large entablatures in it's exterior.

Nauna akong pumasok sa hotel. My eyes travelled the beautiful interior of the place. I waited for Winter to come.

I saw her near the water falls.

"May I offer a dance to the lovely lady?"Nkangiting tanong ko sa kanya.

Niyakap niya ako.

"Sure"Iginiya ko siya sa dance floor.

We danced until our legs ached. It was as if they were alone in a magical moment, frozen.

Nagpaalam itong kukuha lang ng drinks.

Thirty minutes passed.

Nadatnan kong nasa garden na si Winter.

"Winter"I called her. Which is eerie, she was completely silent.

She didn't even cringe a bit.

"You should have told me before Klein"I was surprised to see tears strolling down her cheeks.

"Told you what?"Maang na tanong ko sa kanya.

Lingid sa kaalaman ni Klein. Fleance stole his phone at pinuntahan si Winter.

"You love Fleance don't you?"Lalo itong naiyak. I went near her but she was pushing me away with all her force.

"That's absurd Winter! It's you that I love-"Depensa niya sa sarili.

May bagay siyang inilagay sa kamay ko. It was my phone. It was in my pocket before.

Ipinakita nito ang video nang sabihin niyang mahal niya si Fleance. He was drunk at that time and blackmailed by Fleance.

She forced me to do it, with the assurance that she won't make any cunning attempt to break our relationship. I all did it for love, but why do I feel like I'm losing.

She ran away, from the hotel and from me.

Umuulan na noon.

Pinilit ko siyang habulin ngunit bigo ako. My heart aches because the girl that I love, doubts my love. Maybe it was the reason I was afraid to love again, she left the pain I still feel until now. The empty space in my heart, that used to hold love, now holds the fear of loving again.

End of Flashback

Winter Green Evans at the top...