Chapter 4- Condolences [Lachlan]

I turn away from the group's celebrations. They are standing over the dead boy, cheering and taking his loot. Preston holds up his light-blue dyed helmet, waltzing around and showing off. Before I met Vikk, I would have been celebrating along with the rest of them. But now...

He saved my life. Sure, I spared his, but when he could have let that zombie kill me and take my stuff, he didn't. That was what stumped me.

Blues were supposedly ruthless and merciless, they didn't have any compassion. And yet, when Vikk saved my life, he was the exact opposite of that. Were the others like that too?

And if so, did they think we were the evil ones?

It all swirls around in my mind, questions and speculations and no answers. I shake my head and walk over to the team, who are still celebrating.

That poor boy. They didn't stand a chance, really. All eight of us had taken them by surprise, when they weren't ready to fight. If you ask me, that was completely unfair. And yet, Vikk and the other boy had escaped.

I suppose none of them would have survived if I had killed Vikk. He rescued that other boy and they both ran. If it weren't for me, it would be and 8v7, instead of 8v8. But do I really want that?

I love that boy. There's no doubt about it. But after our team had murdered his friend, would he like me back?

"Okay, boys! We got his band! Three cheers for our first kill; Blue-scum Nade!"

Pete stands on a crate, holding the band that previously encircled Nade's wrist in the air.

I touch my own band. The red fabric has my name printed on it, and nothing else. Every person has to wear one of these. If I die, this is how the blues will identify me.

"time to head back!" Kenny shouts. He takes Pete by the hand and pulls him out of the square. The rest of the team starts to slowly trickle out. I look at the blue. All of his weapons and tools and armour have been taken from him, leaving him beaten and bloody on the cobblestone.

I reach up and pull off my helmet. I'm tempted to leave it on his body, but that would be too suspicious. If my team found out I'm a blue-team sympathiser, I would be killed on the spot. No doubt about it. Instead, I pull a crimson poppy from the earth nearby, and tuck it between his cold fingers.

Then I turn away, draw my sword, and flee to the red bridge.

I will not sleep soundly tonight.

*Authors note: Thank you to everyone who has read this so far! I hope you enjoy. I'm sorry that this is a short chapter, but i've got a few longer ones planned! Also, did you notice that tiny little bit of Petezahworth/Penny? I know it's not a very common ship, but i love it!*