Chapter 1 "Infinity Walker"

"Madam, what do you think about the ball?" I glanced up at my maid and uncrossed my legs.

"I think nothing of it. I do not wish to go." I watched as she almost dropped my food tray and I sighed.

"But, madam, you have to go."

"No, I don't." I said sharply.

She jumped and bowed. "I'm sorry, Madam."

"It's alright. I've had a bit of a rough day, I'm sorry." I gave her a kind smile and popped a grape into my mouth.

Her eyes widened and she shook her head. "I do not deserve such kind words from Her Majesty."

I stared at her for a little bit before shrugging and continuing to eat. "Are you having a bad day because of the news about your competitor?"

My hand clenched around my wine glass and I scowled. "He doesn't deserve to be called my competitor. He is not worthy to be called so."

"It seems that I have made your mood worse. I am greatly sorry." She bowed again.

"It's fine, Isabelle." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"However, I wish to be alone. Can you grant me that?" I said softly.

"Yes, my lady." She gave me a timid smile and left my sleeping quarters.

I stood up and brushed off my gown then made my way to my balcony. I inhaled the warm night air and smiled. This was more to my liking. I had an overview off my main kingdom. My beautiful kingdom that I had created myself. I had control over other kingdoms but that was because I had that much power. It took me several years to get where I am now and I'll be damned if I let some brat take it away from me.

"My lady?" I turned around and saw my loyal knight, Sirius, bowing deeply.

"Yes?"

"Someone is asking for you at the front gates. Should I turn them away?"

"No, I'm quite curious. Shall you escort me?"

"Of course, Madam." I slid my arm through his and let him lead me down to the entrance.

I wonder who would be asking for me at this hour. As we reached the main doors of the castle, I saw a good looking man with slicked back black hair. He smiled brightly as soon as he saw me.

"Your Highness, it's good to see you."

"And you are...?" I said curiously.

"Oh, my apologies. How rude of me. I'm a messenger from the Waterflake kingdom."

My eyebrows raised in surprise. "Waterflake? I believe you've had quite a trip then."

"Yes, but my Lord simply just had to have me ask you a question."

"And you couldn't have sent me a letter?"

"No, my Lord wanted me to ask in person."

"What is it?"

"Are you coming to the Noble Ball?"

I hesitated and Sirius glanced at me. "May I ask who your Lord is?"

"Oh, how could I forget? My Lord is Dorian White."

My eyes immediately narrowed. "I'll have to deny your request."

"But Your Highness-"

I cut him off sharply and turned to Sirius. "Please escort him out."

"Yes, ma'am." I made my way back up the winding stairs and collapsed on my bed. I'm extremely exhausted. I heard my bedroom door open and shut, someone moved to towards my bed.

"I successful escorted him out, My lady."

"Good job, Sirius."

When I didn't hear him exit, I sat up. "Is there something you need?"

"Madam, I was just thinking that maybe you should reconsider the idea of going to the ball." He said hesitantly.

"Sirius-"

"Can you just lend an ear for a moment, please?"

I eyed him for a moment then nodded. He sighed and sat at the end of my bed. " Think about it. The public has been dying to see you since you gained control of your last kingdom. Not to mention, your enemy will be there as well. While you are there, you can gain information about him. Maybe even talk to him in person."

"I don't want to talk to him." I said shifting away from him.

"My Lady, I think you should start acting like a queen."

My eyes flashed dangerously towards him and I got up. I stalked towards him and my voice dropped an octave. "'I should start acting like a queen'. Please tell me I heard wrong because I believe I am the one who is currently at the very top or did you forget, Sirius." I hissed.

"I'm very sorry if I have offended you, my queen," He bowed down and took my hand. "That is not what I intended to do. I'm incredibly embarrassed. Please decide my punishment."

"That won't be necessary." I slowly took my hand from his, not trying to seem harsh. "I understand what you were trying to do but next time," I flashed him a dangerous smile as a warning. "Choose your words carefully."

"Yes, Madam." He was quiet and I decided to give him an answer.

"...I might consider it. Give me time to think it over before tomorrow night."

He smiled slightly and nodded. "Thank you." Afterwards, he left.

I let out a breath and shook my head. "I can't believe I'm going to do this." I rested my head upon my pillow and closed my eyes. I will prepare first thing in the morning. Prepare yourself, Dorian White. You won't be the only star tomorrow night.