Chapter 13 "I Always Win"

A month later

After a whole month of my army, pushing the enemies back and then getting pushed back themselves. The enemy army finally broke through.

"The whole West army was obliterated." Andrew said solemnly.

"How?!" Dorian said angrily, through his gritted teeth.

I stood up and walked over to the big, old door. "And that's precisely what we are going to find out. Follow me."

I swung the door open and covered my nose from the moldy, wet smell. I walked down the stairs with swift strides and made my way to a certain cell.

Unlocking the cell, I stepped inside. "My lady, that's not safe."

"We won't be safe if we don't do this." I hissed at him and Andrew stepped away nervously.

"Stand up, captive." I said sternly.

The figure that lurked in the dark corner of the cell slowly stood up and approached me. "Ah, if you're here that means that we're winning."

"I didn't come here to play. I came for answers."

"I'm no traitor." His eyes gleamed in the darkness and my eyes narrowed.

"You will be soon enough or I'll give you another scar to remember." My voice became dangerously low, reminding him of the cut I gave him when he first arrived and he went silent.

He finally spoke again after I banged my sword against the steel bars of the cage. "You're a woman with no boundaries, I see. You have no fear. Not yet, anyway."

Ignoring him, I pressed the tip of my sword against his throat. "You will give me the information I need."

"Or what?"

"Or I'll cut off all your limbs and proceed to torture you, keeping you alive to make you listen to your own screams echo off of these walls. Do you want that?"

"...You're bluffing." Unsheathing my blade, I stabbed him in his leg and he let out scream as it dug further in his flesh.

"Talk." I said over his scream.

"Fine!!! What do you want to know?!" He yelled through his hasty breaths.

"What does your army have that we don't have?"

"More people." I pressed my sword further and he let out a loud whimper.

"We make our own weapons!!!" He finally said.

"Elaborate." I eased the pressure on the sword and he looked at me.

"We all make our own weapons. Every family and person makes their own weapons. They are all unique in their own way. Your people can't beat us with those cheap things they have. You get your weapons from a regular blacksmith who probably doesn't put their all into their work. We'll destroy you and you know it." He chuckled.

I yanked the sword out and he groaned. "I've obtained all the information I could possibly need from you. You have no more value."

"Kill me then. I have tarnished the King's name."

"No. You can stay here." His eyes widened as I stepped out of the cage. His pleading echoed around the dungeon and I walked back up the stairs with Dorian and Andrew following silently.

"Andrew, I'm hungry. Could you prepare me supper?" He nodded and disappeared down a corridor.

"Dorian," I said turning to him. "You may do whatever you please, just don't bother me. I have other important things to take care of." He nodded and watched me walk towards my study.

I noticed that the door to my study was slightly opened and my body tensed. I silently unsheathed my blade and pushed the door open. I quickly pivoted my body into the room and sure enough the same messenger from before had situated himself at my desk. His legs were crossed over my desk and was leaning back in a nonchalant manner.

I felt no threat from him but I kept up my guard. "What are you doing here? How did you even-"

"Hush, your highness. I have no time to share." He interrupted me and removed his legs from my desk, sitting up intently.

I ignored his rude interruption and lowered my sword. "Speak."

"As you can see, our side is winning," I glared at him and he sent me a charming smile, making me roll my eyes. "But don't worry, an army won't over run your kingdom and kill you."

"How comforting." I deadpanned.

"He will come himself and send a blade through your heart." He said standing up and I pointed my sword directly at him.

"Why are you telling me this...?" I questioned him curiously.

"I guess you can call me a double agent."

"I don't need one." He shrugged and leaned against the desk.

"He really wants to see you, my lady. He misses you greatly." I scoffed and twirled my sword in my hand.

"Really? I didn't know. Is wanting my head on a platter a sign of affection for him?" I said sarcastically as I made my way towards him.

He backed away defensively but I didn't stop. I pinned his shoulder to the wall and held my sword against his throat. "I'm in a really bad mood today. If you feel like having your head separated from your shoulders then I'll gladly do it. Otherwise, leave. I do not feel like hearing the bullshit pouring from your mouth."

A smirk curled itself into his features and he grabbed my sword, squeezing his hand around it hand enough to draw blood. "You've got me itching for a fight, my lady."

"Well, what are you waiting for, messenger?" I slid my sword out of his grasp and paced back a few steps.

He slowly wrapped his hand in a cloth that he pulled from his clothing and then unsheathed his blade. I let out a slow breath to calm my heart and started to circle him. His steps were silent and steady unlike mine because of my heels. This will be difficult. He has experience and I haven't fought in awhile. His steps became rhythmic and my heart lurched. An assassin?!

"Don't be alarmed, my lady. My Lord has trained all of his messengers assassination techniques." I glared at him and stopped moving.

He stopped as well but he was ready to pounce. Before I could blink, his sword was flung in my direction and I barely managed to escape its path. Rolling out of the way, I quickly swung my sword at his leg. I growled in frustration as I saw that he dodged it.

I felt a liquid slid down my forehead and I stood up. He curled his finger back in an inviting gesture and I charged. I grunted as he smoothly moved out of the way and I thrust my sword in his direction, smiling in satisfaction as he cursed.

"Don't underestimate me." Our swords clashed and clanked against each other. At an standstill with our sword matching each other in pressure, I kicked him in the middle of his chest causing him to stumble back and fall. Before I could end the fight by stabbing him, he rolled out of the way and jumped up, quickly pinning me against the wall.

He squeezed my sword out of my hand as he held his sword against my throat. "Goodnight, my lady."

I growled and kicked him between the legs. He bent forward giving me a chance to knee him in the nose. He dropped the sword out in surprise and grabbed him by his mane. Yanking him by his hair, I admired my handy work. His face was bloody and I'm pretty sure his nose was broken. I tossed him to the side and grabbed my sword. I straddled him and flashed him a devilish smile as I aimed my sword over his chest. "I always win."

I plunged the sword deep into his chest and I heard footsteps approach the room. Andrew took a minute to register what he was seeing before his eyes widened in horror. "What? Is supper ready?"