Chapter 15 "The Ending Of The War"

The sound of flesh being ripped open caused Sirius and I to look down at his chest. Before the shock could settle in, Sirius's face twisted up in pain as the blade was ripped from his chest. He fell to the floor in a heap and I slowly lifted my head to look at Trinton.

"The outcome of the war needs to be decided, yeah?" He said casually.

Blood pooled around my feet and spread across the floor. I moved and held my sword firmly in my hand. "You never fail to surprise me." My voice was monotone as it echoed through the room.

"Life would be boring if I didn't." His smile was menacing as he stepped forward, aiming his sword at me.

I kept quiet and focused. Enough lives have been wasted because of my carelessness. It's about damn time I ended this. I cut the straps of my heels and slipped my feet out of them. I took my stance and waved my hand in an inviting manner. He charged and I side stepped him, spinning around to face him. I was met with the tip of his sword and I moved my head out of the way, ducking swiftly.

I kicked him in his shin and he grunted at the amount of force. He stumbled back and I stood up, placing my sword in front of me again. His taunting smile caused me to make a move first. His sword clanged against mine and I tried another tactic. I punched him in his jaw and he was frozen in surprise. I took the chance to take the opening but I forgot Trinton was as good as any soldier when it came to combat.

He quickly recovered and moved but I managed to cut him deeply on his shoulder. "You're going for the kill, huh?" He hissed.

I ignored him and knocked his sword out of his hand. His gaze trailed over to his sword across the room and whistled. "I've killed one person today. I'm not afraid to kill another."

His eyes widened and ducked as I thrust my sword at him. My legs were pulled out front under me and my back hit the ground with a dull thud. I groaned and got up once I realized Trinton was gone and so was his sword.

I clicked my tongue and stalked around the table. "I want to get this over with, Trinton." I spat.

"I do, too. But your underhanded tricks are making it quite hard." His voice was hard to pinpoint from the echo but he was still in the room.

My feet padded slowly against the cold floor as I listened for anything. It suddenly got too quiet and I stopped. My eyes widened as realization sunk in, He couldn't-

Pain stung violently in my leg and I let out a harsh breath as I sunk down to my knees, grasping at my injured leg. Cool metal pressed against my neck and my heart rate sped up. "Drop your sword."

My weapon slipped from my fingers and clacked against the floor. The sword pressed deeper into my neck and I swallowed thickly. How was I supposed to get out of this? "Stand up and lift your hands."

"I can't. You cut my leg, remember?" I said shakily. I was yanked up and my bleeding leg screamed out in protest.

"You made this so hard for me." He whispered, smiling softly.

I spat at him and he chuckled, wiping it off his face. Pain erupted on my cheek and I glared at him. He smiled once more before it faded. "Any last words?"

"I hope you rot in hell with the worst of them." I could feel the warm blood quickly spilling from my leg and I knew that if he didn't kill me, my injury would.

He hummed and took his sword, pointing at my chest. I stared him in the eye and smiled when I saw his hesitation. "Do it, you coward."

His eyes softened considerably before he broke the skin above my heart. He let out a sharp gasp and I saw blood dampening his shirt. He coughed, spewing blood on my face. He then fell to the ground and I shakily looked at the killer. Dorian stood there with his bloody sword before he dropped it.

The blood loss got to me and I slowly fell forward. He rushed forward and caught me before I hit the ground. "I got you, my lady."

I slowly nodded then smiled. "Thank you," I paused. "How is-"

"He's fine." I suddenly felt a shift in weight and my head was pressed against his chest. His heart was racing but he looked calm. Oh, pardon me. I believe those were tears in his eyes.

"Don't you dare cry. I won't die. You won't let me, will you?" I whispered and he nodded. He sped up and laid me on a bed.

I let out a shaky breath as he rushed around and grabbed things. "Calm down, I'll be fine." I whispered.

That didn't seem to help as he nearly dropped the bowl of herbs. My eyelids started to droop and I forced myself to talk. "When did you learn?" I grunted as he lifted my leg.

He stared at me for a moment before shaking his head. "I wasn't always royalty, my lady."

I held back a wince as he started to stitch my wound. "I know." My vision started to waver and I let out a slow, even breath.

"Don't fall asleep on me." He said sharply. If I wasn't in pain and on the brink of death, I would have snorted.

"And if I did...?" I asked in an softly. He stopped stitching and looked at me.

"The kingdom would be sad to lose such a great ruler."

"A ruler who has sacrificed so many lives and is on the brink of death," I let out a tiny chuckle. "No, I don't think they'll miss me very much."

"Well, you aren't invincible, my lady. Nor are you immortal. But you did what you thought was right for the kingdom and that's what matters. Didn't we have this conversation before? Are you getting old, my lady?" He teased.

"I'm not old. I'm at the ripe age of 25." I huffed.

"I'm 26." A smirk adorned his features and I stared at him.

"Stop pulling my leg."

"I'm not pulling your leg." He tilted his head.

"Blasphemy." I muttered as my eyelids fluttered closed.

He said more but if you asked me I could not repeat it. Listening to the distant hum of his voice was enough to put me to sleep. It's his fault if I die. In my blissful sleep, I laughed softly.

What a joke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, just go ahead and talk casually like there isn't numerous bodies laying on your kitchen floor slowly decaying.

Soooo Dorian is older than Infinity...

Ha.