Chapter 18 "May I Have This Dance?"

"Your Highness, I have good and bad news." Isabelle bustled into my chambers breathing heavily.

"What is it?" I said putting down my crown.

"The bad news is that your new shipment of fruit has been stalled because of weather," I frowned. "Ah, don't be sad because King Mark and Queen Marilyn are coming."

My jaw went slightly ajar and then a grin broke out on my face. "Queen Marilyn is coming? Oh my, I haven't seen her in years."

"She's excited to see you, too. However, it is a jungle downstairs and you need to get ready for the ball." Isabelle clapped twice and two servants came in with a box, placing it on the bed.

I ventured over to it and carefully lifted the lid. "Isabelle, this is gorgeous. Where'd you get it?"

Isabelle shook her head and smiled. "It was a present from King Dorian. He said he saw it and thought of you."

I hummed and lifted it out of the box. "He has good taste."

The dress was a dark red starting from the very top and then slowly transitioned to a milky white at the bottom. It had a dip in the front and it stopped at the top of the midsection.

"Ah, you have shoes to match, too." Isabelle walked over to the closet and pulled out a pair of redish velvet heels to match.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"It's my job, My Lady." She smiled as she moved to untie my corset.

"Isabelle, you know it isn't like that. You're an very important friend of mine." I stayed still as my corset loosened and hung off of my torso.

"When you look at it, I just work here to serve you and make sure you're happy. That's all." I frowned and turned to her.

"Isabelle, don't you remember the first day we met? It was after my family died and I needed someone other than...Sirius to watch me." I surely remembered it. It was one of the best days of my life after they died.

"How could I forget? That was so embarrassing." Isabelle cringed and I laughed.

"Of course, remember when,"

~~~

"Your Highness, let's go or we are going to be late." Sirius said tugging my hand.

I sniffled and wiped my tear streaked face. "I don't want to go back there without mommy and daddy. Please don't make me go."

"Queens don't cry, Infinity." Sirius scolded, completely ignoring my pleads.

"I'm not a Queen. I don't wanna be one. It's stupid." I said through broken hiccups and sniffles.

"Infinity," His voice was deadly and I flinched. "You have no choice in the matter. You will do this."

I let him tug me in the direction of the familiar castle. There was a woman and a child who looked a year or two older than me standing in front of the main door, making Sirius smile.

"Ah, Mrs. Hollingsworth and her little one. How are you?" I started to slow down and he tugged me forward.

"We're fine, Sirius. Isabelle say hello." She chirped out a shy hello and smiled at me.

I remained angry and switched my gaze to the ground. "Infinity, don't be rude. Say hello, too."

I stayed quiet and his grip on my hand tightened. "Infinity."

"I don't want to be here. Let me go." Shocked, his grip surprisingly went slack, giving me the perfect time to run away.

"Infinity!!!" I ran to the only place I knew and wanted to be. The rose garden.