Chapter Eight

a/n: It's my bae's birthday. aka Taylor Swift. Exactly 26 years ago a star was born c:

I almost wrote 13 (her lucky number and the day of her b-day) on my hand but didn't because I had to go to a living center and sing to old people with some kids at my church (I actually got to read the parts in the middle of singing because I'm special and was the only volunteer) and they could have mistaken it for a tattoo or something and I didn't want to feel weird. 

not reread or edited

"We have exactly one week until the wedding and we still don't have everything all set," Sophie said, almost hyperventilating. Her and Keefe had gone to talk to Mr. Forkle about what he wanted to do in the wedding. 

"Sophie, everything will be fine," Mr. Forkle told her. The doorbell rang and he went to answer it.

Keefe rubbed Sophie's back soothingly. "Don't worry, we'll find something for him to do," he whispered gently into her ear.

"Keefe, there's nothing else left. What do we do? I really want this to be special and have every special person in my life, both our lives, to have a part."

Keefe pulled her into a hug. "Don't worry about it, Sophie. We'll figure it all out." She nodded and swiped at the tears threatening to leave her eyes as Mr. Forkle walked in with her human family.

"Kate, Natalie, Connor, what are you doing here?" Sophie asked, taking in a deep breath. She turned to Mr. Forkle. "Do they come over everyday or something?"

He laughed slightly. "No, they don't. I forgot to tell you they were coming over for some tea. Plus, you didn't tell me you'd be coming."

She frowned. "Sorry we came unannounced. We just remembered that you didn't have a part and wanted to talk to you about it."

He shook his head. "Sophie, I don't need a part in your wedding."

"But you do," she argued. "You're one of the most important people in my life and I want you to be included in everything. Bronte is going to be performing the ceremony, Grady is walking me down the aisle, Alden is the witness or whatever that is, and you're nothing. You need something."

He put a hand on her shoulder. "How about I get a front row seat and you stop worrying?"

She took in a deep breath and nodded. "Are you sure?"

"I was the last person you called to tell you were getting married. I didn't expect anymore."

She shook her head. "Bronte was the last person I told. I on;y told a few people, anyways. Keefe and Dex told everyone. Dex told a hole bunch of people we were getting married before Keefe even proposed. Idiot."

Mr. Forkle sighed. "Sophie, weren't you supposed to meet with Biana about the bridesmaid dresses."

Sophie's eyes widened. "Holy crap! I forgot! I-"

"Biana canceled yesterday, remember?" Keefe reminded her. "The baby was kicking like crazy last night so Ashla invited Biana over to feel it and they stayed really late and slept in this morning."

She sighed in relief. "Right, what would I do without you?" She grinned at Keefe who grinned back.

"I thought I answered this question already," he joked.

She giggled and kissed his cheek. She then turned to Mr. Forkle. "I'm going to go see my parents, I guess. I should probably talk to Edaline about-"

"Wait, if you're going to your parents house why is some guy named Grady walking you down the isle?" Connor cut in, confused.

Sophie jumped, forgetting they were there. She chuckled. "Grady is my dad. Edaline is my mom. I was adopted when I was twelve by them. I switch between calling them Mom and Dad and calling them by their real names."

He nodded in response. Amy cut in, "You're adopted?"

She frowned. "I didn't tell you before?"

She scoffed. "Obviously."

Sophie held back her response and instead shrugged. "Well, sorry it never came up. Anyways, we're going to go. I'll see you in one week," she told Mr. Forkle.

He nodded. "Of course."

___

"I'd really like that second one," Sophie said, smiling at the Ceria, an elf in charge of finding good music for the wedding. Elves didn't do the firsts dance but they did play music at the wedding. "Can I hear it again?"

She gestured for them to start singing the second song and Sophie clapped in joy. "So, we have all the music for your wedding set," Ceria said with a tight smile. "Good luck with the wedding," she said, shaking Sophie's hand. 

Sophie smiled at her. "Will you be coming?" She asked, shaking it back.

Ceria shook her head. "I didn't receive an invitation and it's invitation only."

Sophie's eyes widened. "Oh! So that was your invitation that got lost under our couch."

"What?" She asked, confused. 

Sophie let out a sigh. "When we were helping the council make the invitation scrolls, one got stuck under our couch and we couldn't grab it. We thought it was Fitz and Ashla's but apparently it was yours. Do you want to come? I can go grab one of our spares." She gestured to her upstairs.

Ceria nodded. "That would be amazing."

Sophie nodded and walked upstairs. "Hey, Sophie," Keefe said, walking into the house.

"She went upstairs," Ceria told him, smiling.

"Oh, she's coming back down, right?" He smiled expectantly.

She nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"Fitz, you know Fitz Vacker, right?" She nodded in response. "Well, me and Fitz got the wedding rings."

Ceria smiled. "That's great for you two. What do they look like?"

Keefe took a small black box from his pocket holding the two rings and showed them to her smiling. Ceria looked down at them in awe. "They're beautiful. You two are so lucky!" She cheered. Sophie came down the stairs and looked at them in confusion. "Sophie, look at your wedding rings," Ceria called.

Sophie grinned and walked over to them. She looked at the rings and squealed. "They're just like I asked for!" She shrieked hugging Keefe. "You are the best Elf being in the entire world."

"Elf being?" He tried not to laugh.

"Well I couldn't say human being," she said, grinning awkwardly. She turned to Ceria. "Okay, here's the scroll. We'll see you at the wedding next week. Thank so much for going over the music with me. You're the best music planner ever!"

"I'm honored you picked me. Everyone is jumping at the chance to help you guys with the wedding. I mean- You're Sophie Foster!"

Sophie almost scoffed. "I'm not a big deal anymore," she argued. "Now, what do you want in return for this?"

Ceria waved her off. "I'm good. Just this invitation is enough. All my friends are going to be so jealous."

Sophie nodded. "Are you sure?" She asked.

Ceria just grinned. "I'll see you next week. I'm going to be spending this entire week working with everyone on the music."

Sophie nodded. "Thank you so much, Ceria."