Chapter Twenty-Eight

a/n: important

AS A SPECIAL TREAT ONCE THIS SPECIFIC BOOK [wink wink] IS COMPLETED, I WILL POST A ONE SHOT WHERE I TURN THE ENDING OF NEVERSEEN INTO AN EVEN BIGGER TEAM-FOSTER KEEFE MOMENT THAN IT ACTUALLY WAS SO PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTING REALLY. I'VE ALREADY STARTED ON IT SINCE, SADLY, THIS STORY IS COMING TO AN END. AFTER BABY SENCEN IS BORN I'M GOING TO SKIP THROUGH TIME A LOT.

chapter question: what gender do you think is or want the baby to be? 

I might take your answers into consideration... I might just tell my sister to tell me a gender and use that. Just know that if you vote you have a higher chance of getting the baby you want. 

not reread or edited

Sophie sighed and let her body relax as she laid down on the couch. "I had one bottle of youth and need one more before I go to sleep," Sophie called. "Can you grab one for me?"

Keefe poked his head into the room. "There's only one left and I haven't had my one for today," he told her, frowning. 

"Go to Atlantis and grab a bottle then," she stated as if it was obvious. She rested her head on the back of the couch. "I hate this."

He rolled his eyes and walked completely into the room. "Well, you're down to only four months left," he said, grinning. 

She sighed. "I'm going to go visit Forkle while you get the bottle. Meet me there," she told him, getting up. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, worriedly. 

She shrugged. "I'm just really tired," she answered.

"You should go upstairs and sleep, then," he said, walking up to her and grabbing her shoulders gently. "You shouldn't wear yourself out. Bad for both you and the baby." 

She shook her head and rolled her eyes. "At this moment no one cares about me. It's the baby, and my only job for the next few months is to keep it alive."

Keefe let out a large sigh and pulled her into a tight hug. "Sophie. You're just as important as this baby, maybe even more. You need to be careful for not only the baby, but also you. You keep yourself alive and everyone around you. Not everything is about our baby. He or she isn't that spoiled." 

She smiled softly at that and tilted her head so she could kiss his cheek. "It's just so weird carrying a baby. It's like wherever I go it's like, 'oh look, a baby' and 'hey, I betcha that baby's gonna be cute'." She frowned and pulled out of the embrace. "It's just sometimes it's like, hey, what about the person carrying the baby?"

He rolled his eyes. "If it helps, I care more about you than I do the baby right at this moment," he said. "But, that's probably because I don't know the baby yet."

She shrugged. "You'll love it when it comes out, right?"

He rolled his eyes. "More than I love you," he stated sarcastically. She frowned at that and he sighed. "Yes, Sophie. I'm actually really looking forward to raising kids with the love of my life."

She nodded and then her eyes widened. "Holy crap."

"What?" he asked, looking at her with worry-filled eyes.

A large grin lit up on her face. "I think it kicked."

A similar grin lit up on his face. "Are you sure?"

She nodded as it kicked again. "Yeah. You should feel it," she said. 

"Yeah, that's not possible unless you can teleport the baby from inside you to inside me," he said, rolling his eyes.