Chapter Thirteen

a/n: Just one simple question: Did you see that plot twist from last chapter coming?

I didn't. I actually didn't mean to write it since I planned out something else but that just came out while typing and I was like "okay, subconscious, I don't see where we're going with this but if it's what you want I'll give it to you."

not reread or edited

okay this is longer than usual so no complaints. Plus I'm supposed to be sleeping right now.

Amy's eyes widened. "What?" 

A smile appeared on Sophie's face. "You know," she told her. "About us being sisters."

"But. . . We're not. I'm an only child. I'm pretty sure my mom and dad would tell me--"

"They don't remember either. I. . . Asked for them to make you guys forget me. You remember living different lives without me in them. I'm erased."

"But. . . How? That's not possible. My name would be Amy if it's true and my name is-"

"Natalie, yes. Remember a few weeks ago when I called you Amy by accident?" Sophie raised an eyebrow as Amy nodded. "That's because it's your real birth name. You are Amy Rose Foster."

"My last name is Freeman. . . "

"That's what you think. . . But. Ugh, I need to show it to you. Can I please enter your mind?" Sophie smiled softly. "It won't hurt, trust me. I do it with my friend Fitz all the time. Sometimes I do it with Keefe. . . Though that's weird because his mind isn't very comfortable like Fitz." She gave Keefe a small smile though he just rolled his eyes. 

Amy stared at her. "Enter my mind?"

"I'm. . . Just say yes so I can help you understand what's going on. I'm about to transmit some of my memories into your mind and give you an idea of what's going on." Amy just nodded her head, not knowing what she was agreeing to.

Sophie put her fingers on Amy's temples and closed her eyes. "What are you doing?" Amy asked, frowning. 

"Just let her do it," Keefe begged. "It only takes a few seconds and she has a lot of memories to transmit so she needs to concentrate. Even the most powerful mind in existence isn't completely perfect."

Amy gave him a weary look before turning to Sophie. All of a sudden images from Sophie's life from when she was born up until that moment flashed through her mind. She opened her eyes and they were wide. "I only had flashes of childhood but now I have it all," she said. "You. . . I hated you," she whispered to herself. She then stood up. "How could you rip my memories away from me?"

Sophie stood up as well. "I didn't do it-"

"YOU SENT OUT THE ORDER YOU TWAT!"

"Twat?" She frowned. "Never mind," she said, waving it off. "Listen. . . I couldn't let Mom or Dad think I was dead. It would crush them. Making you forget was easier and you guys have a better life this way together."

"Exactly. Our life was perfectly fine before you stepped back into it," Amy said, her voice laced with anger. Then she turned to Keefe. "I got a lot of her memories and a lot of them are focused on some other guy." She went to storm out of the house but Keefe stopped her by putting his hand on her arm. 

"You're not angry," he stated.

She pulled back her arm and stared at him. "Excuse me?"

He tilted his head to the side. "Humans are different but emotions are emotions. You're not angry. You're hurt. . . And scared."