Chapter Thirty-Nine

a/n: I'm just tired right now but meh. One more chapter after this and then this story line is officially ended...

Well, we still have the epilogue and 'what happens next' chapter but still, chapter forty is the official last chapter. 

chapter question: Will you read my new hunger games fanfic?

I'll be releasing all the info on it soon but I'm just wondering who would. It's not a real love triangle or romance kind of thing and none of the hg characters appear in it much because it's focused more on my main character than anyone else. 

*crying sounds* I DON'T WANT TO FINISH THIS YET UGH 

not reread or edited

"Please stop it," Sophie said with a small sigh. "I don't have time for this."

"She's eating my toy!" Kenric cried.

"She doesn't have teeth and it's too big to fit in her mouth," Sophie said. "She's physically incapable of eating your toy."

"I don't like her. Can we trade her for a better one?" 

Sophie dropped everything she was doing and glared. "That girl right there is your sister. You are her older brother and when you're older you're supposed to help her when she needs help and doesn't want to talk to me or your dad. You don't have to always like her but you have to like her. I don't ever want to hear you complain like that again, okay?"

His lip started trembling and tears filled his eyes. "DADDY!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, making Sophie groan. 

Keefe ran down the stairs. "What's wrong?" He asked, worried. 

"Mommy yelled at me," he said, crying slightly. 

Keefe rolled his eyes and picked Kenric up. "Well, Mommy is just a meanie." He leaned in and whispered in Kenric's ear. When he pulled back he made a small gesture with his hand. Kenric turned to Sophie and stuck his tongue out at her. Keefe then put him back on the ground next to Rowan before going next to Sophie. "What did he do?" Keefe asked curiously. 

"He asked for me to trade Rowan for a better sister because she was trying to stick one of his toys in her mouth," Sophie explained. "He can complain about her but asking for a better sister is when I draw the line."

Keefe nodded and rubbed Sophie's shoulder. "Are you alright?" He asked, curious. "You're really easy to annoy today."

She shrugged, a sad smile making it's way on her face. "I'm perfectly fine. It's just... She was just born last week and he already hates her."

"He doesn't hate her," Keefe argued. 

"He asked for a better one," Sophie replied. "I just wish he'd act more like an excited older brother."

"Kenric," Keefe called. Kenric came running into the room. "Do you hate your sister?" Keefe asked him.

Kenric shook his head. "Mommy says I'm not allowed."

Keefe looked to Sophie, raising an eyebrow, before looking back at Kenric. "If Mommy gave you permission, would you hate your sister?"

He shook his head. "I just wish she'd play with me instead of eating all my stuff."

Sophie let out a scoff. "Kenric, she can't eat your stuff. She can drink baby milk and that's it."

Kenric went to reply when the doorbell rang. "I wanna get it!" He shouted, running on his small legs to the door. It didn't work out since the doorknob was a few inches higher than he could reach. Keefe walked up to the door and helped him open it.