Chapter Twenty-Four

a/n: So I was looking through old chapters and fun fact: Ashla has a sister named Maeve! Interesting, right? Also, their last name is Keturah. Idk where I got that from when I started writing this but yeah. Also, apparently in the original thing I wrote on my notes app on my kindle when I had no wifi at church, Ashla and Fitz broke up. Welp, I think it's safe to say that I'm totally off topic from my original plot ideas. That, and man my memory sucks.

As a sorry to Maeve for forgetting she exists, I'm giving her her first appearance in this book.

chapter question: What's your favorite tv show?

Mine is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Watching Buffy used to be this once a year thing on my birthday. My birthday is July 3rd (the day before Independence Day) so every night from when I was maybe 3-8 on my birthday my dad would put on four episodes from season 1 or 2 and me, him, and my older sister would watch before going outside and walking up our street to watch the fireworks people put on. Eventually we started doing other stuff on my birthday and Buffy was just a memory old but not forgotten. When I was 12 and we had just finished watching Roswell (which is my 3rd fav tv show) and my dad decided the next tv show we would watch was Buffy. It was kind of like listening to your old favorite song. I refell in love with it and I've been watching reruns and old favorite episodes on Netflix since finishing watching it.

wow that got detailed. Anyways, not reread or edited. 

THIS IS ONE YEAR LATER BECAUSE THERE'S NOT ENOUGH INSPIRATION IN THE WORLD TO GO OFF THE STORY LINE I CURRENTLY HAVE

"No, you put it over there," Sophie said, pointing. 

Keefe rolled his eyes. "Why are we doing this?"

"Adela took her first steps and that deserves a party," Sophie said, nodding to herself. 

"She took her first steps a long time ago."

"But she didn't start walking around all the time two weeks ago," Sophie argued. "Anyways, Ashla is out with her sister-"

"Ashla has a sister?" Keefe's eyes widened. 

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Yeah, remember? Maeve. She was on your matchmaking scroll?"

"Ah, matchmaking scrolls. . . So, so long ago. . ." He chuckled to himself. "How come we never hear about her?"

"Who's Marty?" Sophie asked, smiling.

Keefe frowned. "Uh. . . I have no idea."

"My old cat growing up," Sophie said, turning around. "I loved that cat like it was my baby. It broke my heart to leave him in the Forbidden Cities. I've never told you about him?"

Keefe frowned. "No. . . "

"So if I never tell you about Marty, the cat that was like my baby, why does Ashla have to tell you everything about her sister?"

Keefe nodded. "Point taken." He looked around. "Are Dex and Biana coming?"

"They just got married last week," Sophie said, rolling her eyes. Dex and Biana were engaged for a full year and a few months before actually getting married because they wanted Adela to be their flower girl. They eventually got married a week earlier when Adela finally mastered the art of walking at a little over one years old. 

"But this is Biana's niece, you know how she is with not missing things. You told them about it, right?"

"Right before they went to their house after the reception I told them," she assured. She went to say something else when Fitz came into the room carrying Adela in his arms.