Chapter 7

"Oh, Yeri it's you. What are you doing at this hour? It's already late. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Erm yea, hi Mdm Jang." She bowed to the landlady and clasp her hands together before continuing. "I was just wondering if the old room I used to stay in is still available. I mean, is it possible if I move in again?" she asked while looking down and rubbed the nape of her neck. Yeri felt so embarassed. She didn't think she was going to come back there after so long just to rent that sickening old room again.

"Ahh, that room? I'm so sorry, dear. But that room is already taken," Mdm Jang said apologetically.

"Is that so.. Then it's okay. Thankyou.." She bowed to her once again and spun her heels to leave the place. Sigh. That was already the last place in list for her to rent a room yet there were no rooms she could rent and stay at.

Yeri walked down the pathway by the roadside as she pulled along the heavy luggage and kicked the mount of dry leaves. A sudden aura of grey surrounded her and her footsteps slowed down. She wish she was at home right now. At home where her mother is.

She couldn't straighten up and catch her breath properly as she felt a terrible weight on her shoulders. It was annoying the girl out when her vision started getting blurry with tears welled up in her eyes. 'Why am I like this?' she asked herself constantly while trying to contain her sadness.

The leaves were like a whispering audience. It was starting to get a little too windy and Yeri couldn't help but pull her jacket together before she continued her way to nowhere in particular. She brought up her arm as she check the time. It was pretty much late and the street seems to be empty with no one walking around except for cars. 'Sigh it's already midnight. Just where am I suppose to go now?' Right when she asked herself that, the sky roared and she felt droplets of water on her nose. And then her cheek. And it got heavier. Shit.

Yeri cursed mentally and sprinted towards the nearest shelter which was the empty bus stop. She ruffled her hair and brushed her sleeves before she took a seat. There were still alot of cars passing by and she had the urge to stop one of them for a ride but she didn't know where to go still.

The poor girl was feeling so dehydrated and sore. Her head slowly dropped as she hear herself sob sorrowfully. She hadn't even cried that hard when she left home for Seoul and to think that she was now alone with nowhere to go scared every inch of her soul.

BEEP BEEP. Yeri got shocked when she heard a sudden honk, causing her to lift her head up.

"Oh, yah Kim Yeri. Are you going somewhere? Why the luggage?" He spoke loudly, his voice fighting with the sound of the heavy rain. Yeri's eyes were still red and puffy when she squinted her eyes trying to have a clearer view of the guy in the car, though she recognized the voice.

"It's none of your business." She spoke. Although Yeri sounded as if she was annoyed at his' appearance, she couldn't lie to herself that she felt a tinge of relieve to see him. To see someone she knew. It was scaring her out that she was alone in the empty street in the middle of the night.

"Don't tell me you're kicked out? You look like you're crying though hahaha."

"I was not kicked out okay! And neither was I crying. Will you just go!" She yelled but regretted what she said as soon as she saw him nodding his head.

"Very well then missy. I wanted to give you a ride but it's your lost. Bye." And he drove off just like that, leaving the girl stranded under the shelter alone again.

Yeri was shocked and disappointed. She expected him to persuade her and drag her into his car. She stood up wanting to run after him but gave up. "He's an asshole afterall." Her head fell as she let out a sigh.