Chapter 20

It was at that time, our muffled sobs and wails sounded like desperate screams finally set free and the barrier of protection inside me slowly building up again. "Mum.." I cried, holding onto her tighter.

"You bad girl!" She hit my arm as she pulled away from me. I blinked briny tears from bloodshot eyes, thick lashes stucked together in clumps as I looked at her in confusion.

"How could you have not tell me before you left! I was worried sick Kim Yeri. Bad girl bad girl bad girl!" She hit me again at every two words of the last line. I couldn't help but giggle and broke into tears again seeing how cute she was.

"I miss you too, mum. I really do.. Im sorry." I pulled her back into a hug and buried my face in her shoulder.

"It's okay. You're finally back and that's all that matters." She carrassed my back.

After a few minutes, I finally got a hold of myself and stopped crying but i still held on to mum. She placed the boquet of flowers on Yejun's grave and said a few words.

I tried to hold back my tears when I saw mum tearing up again as she spoke to Yejun. Jungkook on the other hand didnt budge much because he understood how both mum and I really misses each other and crying was the only thing we could do.

"Let's go home now." She said before taking a hold of my hand. "Thankyou, Jungkook." She smiled, holding Jungkook's hand too with her free hand.

He didn't say anything but returned her an assuring smile.

I feel odd again. Dad knows him. Mum knows him too. Am I... missing something?

Again. I kept all my thoughts to myself as we walked back to the car. It wasn't the time to ask Jungkook what he's keeping from me. Reuniting with mum was what matters most right then.
---------------------

"Don't worry, he's not homed yet." As if reading my mind, mum assured me. She probably saw how much I fiddled with my fingers.

She unlocked the door and memories started flashing back again for the nth time. Everything looks pretty much the same.

"Nothing really changed even after you left. Not even your room Yeri." I heard mum spoke from behind. "Go upstairs and change into something comfortable, dear. I'll prepare food, it's almost dinner time." She instructed whilst caressing my hair and I nodded.

"Jungkook, come with me. I want to show you my room." I smiled and held out my hand.

"You mean you want me to see you change?" He chuckled and I slapped his arm.

"Kids, I heard that." We heard mum spoke from the kitchen and both of us laughed.

"No idiot I wanted you to bring my bag up the stairs. Its heavy." I scoffed. Jungkook took hold of my hand and chortle. Cute cute cute cute.

"Your room looks really cute. Just like you." He commented as he plopped down onto my bed after throwing my bag aside, oblivious to my reddened cheeks. I should really get used to his cheesy words.

"You think so? I wanted the room to be painted black but Yejun insisted it to be pink actually." I told him as I walked around my room. Nothing's changed.