Chapter 19

Yeri's POV

"Are you sure it's fine to leave the house to them?" I asked. "They should be alright." Jungkook chuckled beside me.

"I mean it's not that you shouldn't trust them but... you know.. yea actually you can't trust them." I claimed before pressing the small button to run down the window.

"Yah, you kids. Don't burn down Jungkook's house while we're away! I swear to god if—"

"We get it, MOTHER. Just get going already! Geez, how old do you think we are? Five?" Jimin retorted.

"Yes, in fact you are all three." I stuck out my tongue and quickly pressed the button again to run up the window before Jimin could stranggle me.

Jungkook reversed the car before driving off while I waved gleefully at the six kids.

The ride to Busan wasn't boring but it wasn't that fun either. We did joke about some things and talked as per normal but most of the time we were both engulfed in silence, Jungkook focused on driving and I got lost in my own thoughts. My mind was just filled with worry and I kept questioning myself about everything.

What would be mum's reaction to seeing me? Will I get to feel the same old warm motherly embrace I missed a lot?

But most importantly, I was just worried about him. I was scared.

"Hey, you okay?" I snapped out of my thoughts when Jungkook suddenly asked.

"Yea I am, just worried about.. things" I said as the corner of my lips rose into a sad smile.

"Don't overthink too much, you'll be okay. I promise." he assured me as he took hold of my hand which was placed on my lap.

He squeezed it a little, rubbing his thumb against my hand. Assuring him that I was fine, I nodded my head and smiled at him before shifting back my gaze on the view outside. Sigh.

Rolling down the window, I let the breeze hit my face. The familiar ocean smell. I'm nearing my hometown. It felt surreal. How did I end up going back.. with Jungkook.

The sight of the ocean disappeared as Jungkook drove further into the city, where my house was. My house. How long has it been since I called it my own house.

I muted throughout the whole time when Jungkook drove in, looking for the place. I had a sudden urge to question him as to how he knew where to go without asking me. How would he even know where my house was when I hadn't told him where to turn or what the address was?

I chose to kept silent, adding even more unanswered questions in my head. My attention drew closer to the street we were in. Vivid flashbacks of us three started playing in my head. The same old stretch of pathway where we used to run and chase one another.

I swept my gaze over the silent playground, which used to be filled with the sounds of our laughters. The rotting seats of the swing swayed gently in the wind on its rattling chains.

Would we still be chasing after each other like the old times today?

Could it be possible that we'd still act like children around each other's company?

Would everything have turned out this way if you hadn't left us?

Would it, if you didn't die... leaving me alone to take the blame?