Chapter 22

Her nails digged further under his skin as she clutched onto him tight. Jongin gulped at the situation, knowing that the truth was about to be spilled.

"Karin? What are you doing here? With them." Yeri asked again as her eyes shook in disbelief.

"Uh? M-me?" The brunette asked. She didn't know what to say and couldn't even face the other girl. Her mind was in complete blank and all she felt was an overpower surge of anxiety.

No one dared to move an inch nor speak. "No," Yeri adverted her gaze to the guys. "what are all of you doing here?" Her jaw clenched tight.

"We were- we just," Taehyung stuttered while keeping his head down. The ball of fire was starting to burn even more. Yeri was beyond furious over the fact that everyone seemed to be playing with her. Jungkook, her mother, Yoongi and even the people she considered friends.

"I get it now," she was outraged, hands trembling as she closed them into fists." All of you must have been a part of Jungkook's plan too.. whatever that job was.." her expression turned sour.

All of them were appalled at her words that they immediately turned to look at her in dismay. They exchanged glances, hearts racing as none of them weren't sure what to reply. "am I right?" Yeri threatened.

"Aye, what plan are you talking about. That's nonsense!" Jimin broke into bits of smiles as he tried to ease the tension. His palms were sweaty and his tone didn't even sound convincing. Definitely not to Yeri.

Yeri held her breath, shutting her eyes tight into thin slits. "It's fine, I don't need any of you to tell me anything because I've already learnt the truth." she nod her head slowly in despair, as she took a few steps back.

"I'm just being used by everyone. By Jungkook." She let out a laugh of betrayal and walked off, pushing Chanyeol away who was blocking her. He clutched his shoulders as he kept looking back and forth at the others then back to Yeri.

"Y-yeri" He tried calling out for her. "Guys, are we just going to let her walk off like that?"

Karin bit her lips, trying to refrain from crying. Yeri was in a mess and didn't seem to be doing well. Not before she met Karin and definitely not after she was thrown away by her only friend. Karin wanted to come clean and spill everything about all that Yeri had to know. She felt really bad but it was all for the best.

Jongin felt the girl's hand tremble. He was about to chase after Yeri but the thought of his friend made him step back a little. He promised Jungkook. They promised Jungkook. "No matter what happens, let me be the one to tell her myself about all this." Jungkook's words rang clear in his head. Besides, there weren't any other excuses that Yeri could buy. He knew she was smart and it would be futile to try any further.

"Let her be," Jongin spoke softly. "she's bound to know the truth anytime soon anyways." The guys sighed heavily while Karin slowly loosen her grip, eyes brimming with tears. He sighed before reaching for his phone and started dialing his friend's number.

Yeri continued walking nowhere in mind. She just felt the need to be alone and she was thankful they understood her and decided to leave her alone for the time being. The situation seemed to have gotten worse for her now that she has to think about the reason why the guys were there and why Karin was there too.

She knew very well that Karin wasn't even close with the guys so there was no way she'd suddenly hang out with them. One after another. She thought.