(BOOK 3) Chapter 29 - Don't bring a gun to a knife fight.

(BOOK 3) Chapter 29 – Don’t bring a gun to a knife fight

(100TH CHAPTER OF POWER! Happy Anniversary to me)

I know you're tired of loving, of loving
With nobody to love, nobody, nobody (Uh-huh, honey)

Close your eyes and let the word paint a thousand pictures

One good girl is worth a thousand bitches

-Bound 2, Kanye West. Yeezus.

I thought about going back. I looked at her door, then at my hands as they connected and knocked.

I still had time to run I thought.

She would probably just think its kids playing knock down ginger or something.

Before I could act on my fanaticises the door opened.

She looked shocked to see me. I didn't blame her, I was shocked I was even standing here.

I smiled, showing that I came here in peace.

She didn't say anything, her face remained surprised, she just moved to the side allowing me to walk in. I hadn't been here in ages compared to how frequent I used to be here. Like every day after secondary school we would both find our way here with McDonalds or pizza.

"Did you want something ?" She asked after silence. We were both in the living room. She hadn't offered me a seat, so I didn't take one and neither did she. I shook my head. Then nodded. Then shook it again. I did want something, but it was just to make sure she was okay.

"How have you been ?" She stared at me. She shrugged.

"I've been fine. Why?" She questioned.

"No reason. We just haven't spoken in a while" she rolled her eyes. Why was everyone doing that me today, and why was I being polite and biting my tongue.

"You heard I was pregnant and decided to rub it in my face" I shook my head. I had heard she was pregnant but I wasn't her to ridicule her.

"You’re pregnant ?" I tried to act like I didn't know. She scoffed and sat down on the armchair. I guess she didn't see me as a threat anymore

"Someone told you." She sighed. "Everything I do is watched a reported to everyone" I knew exactly how she felt but this wasn't the time for me to complain.

"So," I started cautiously "what are you going to do with the baby." She shrugged.

"I'm keeping it." I nodded. Thank god.

"Is the dad..." Whoever he was "excited?" She shook her head.

"He told me to get an abortion"

"So he doesn't even want to know?" She shook her head.

"What are you going to do?"

"Be the best mum I can be. I've made enough mistakes in my life for the both of us." She rubbed her tummy. She was seriously going to keep her little girl or boy. I wanted to ask who the dad was but I thought it was way too soon to even try to reach across that bridge.

"Well, if you need any help, or support I'm here" I smiled.

"Thanks Aaliyah. That means a lot"