Last Chapters:::(BOOK 3) Chapter 33 - One boy, a thousand feelings - 5

Fire meets gasoline

I know you think that I shouldn't still love you,

Or tell you that.

But if I didn't say it, well I'd still have felt it

where's the sense in that?

I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder

Or return to where we were

I will go down with this ship

And I won't put my hands up and surrender

There will be no white flag above my door

I'm in love and always will be

I know I left too much mess and

destruction to come back again

And I caused nothing but trouble

I understand if you can't talk to me again

And if you live by the rules of "it's over"

then I'm sure that that makes sense

I will go down with this ship

And I won't put my hands up and surrender

There will be no white flag above my door

I'm in love and always will be

::: Dido – White Flag

“I thought we could play football” I said revealing the ball in my hands. She looked at her sceptically. “I’ll go easy on you guys.”

“I don’t need you to go easy.” She replied hitting the ball out of my hands. “You obviously haven’t heard about me. I was the girls’ football captain in University”

“You?”

“Yes, me.” I raised my eyebrows saying nothing on the issue. “So what, is it Ming and I versus you and Kara?” I looked down at the two small girls. They were pre-occupied with a small weed growing amongst the grass.

“Let’s switch it up. You can have Kara” I offered remembering how Kara had no hand to eye co-ordination. I loved my daughter and she was talented in many things, sports just wasn’t one of them.

Lee unaware of the curse I had just placed on her nodded happily. She waved Kara over who happily skipped towards her. Kara must have remembered Aaliyah or something, because she never warmed up to new people this quickly. This was one of the many reasons why I was apprehensive to introduce her to Stace. Stace acted like she was Kara’s age sometimes as it was already. I could not have two Kara’s running around my house.

“Goal!” Kara shouted raising her hands. Lee picked her up throwing her in the air and catching her again. How the hell she scored, and continued to score 3 more goals baffled me for the rest of the day. I couldn’t get her to catch a ball and she was now acting like a young Messi.

“We should play football instead of daddy right?” Lee said into Kara’s neck. Kara nodded agreeing and stuck her tongue out at me.

I pointed at Lee’s oriental looking little sister. “Does she speak English?” I had been telling this girl to pass and calling her name but she was acting like Ray Charles.