Last Chapters:::(BOOK 3) Chapter 33 - One boy, a thousand feelings - 5.1

It took me a while to take in what she was wearing. She had to wear a warning sign or at least let me know advance that I would be opening my door to her looking like this… If I had known that her leather tight skirt would remind me dominatrix I would have dressed more appropriately.

 “You said I could come to you right?” I nodded. I furrowed when she didn’t smile. I opened the door wider allowing her to come in.

“Is everything alright?” She sighed walking towards the kitchen. I tried to strain my eyes away from her behind that was moving ever so majestically in this skirt. “You were really vague in you text messages.”

She stopped in the middle of the kitchen. She placed her small clutch bag on the island, then folded her arms. Her eyes danced around the floor and room – but avoided me. “Who do I have to beat up?” I asked. She rolled her eyes, finally landing them on me.

She hesitated. She licked her lips before answering, “No one Omari.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

“Um,” She sighed again. Her eyes returned to dancing around the floor. I never knew my tiles could be this interesting to anyone. “Boy troubles.”

I nodded. “You're coming from Cecilia’s?” I clarified.

“Yeah”

I raised my eyebrows. You don’t go from your best friend’s house, to my house to talk about ‘boy trouble’. Maybe she did. Maybe she thought our relationship was at the level where I was some sort of gay-best friend. The former seemed the most likely.

I chuckled to myself. “Aaliyah you don't come from your girl’s to mine to just talk about your relationship.”

“Well I have” She said matter-of-fact.

“No you haven't.”

“We'll what am I here for then?” She challenged. She tried to act defensive but she knew I was right. She stood on one leg with her eyebrow raised, daring me to answer.

I analysed her once more before answering. Had she forgotten how well I knew her? Did she forget how easy it was for me to understand all her actions? “You know what Aaliyah. You used to do this all the time”

“Do what?”

“Every time I pissed you off you'd run to one of your exes or do something to piss me off.”

“I only had one ex. No need for plural” She rolled my eyes.

“You know what I mean”

I moved to the fridge and began taking ingredients for my midnight snacks out. Pancakes seemed just about right. I could feel Aaliyah’s eyes follow me around the kitchen. From the fridge, to the pantry and back to the island.

“You loved to play games.” I continued. I lent to the bottom cupboard, remembering the child lock this time, and took out a small bowl.

“Only because you played them.”

“You like the way I played games.” I replied giving her a cheeky smile. I could see her biting the insides of her cheeks to stop herself smiling. She gave in.

“I really didn’t.” She lied with a coy smile.

“I know I played games at the beginning but as we grew up I stopped.” I cracked and egg of the side of the bowl. From the corner of my eye I could see her making a face, obviously disputing my statement. “There was and still isn’t any amour with you Lee. And I know the same with you. There’s no pretences around each other. You know I would never judge you over nothing. We’ve seen each other at our worst.”