Chapter 44- sorry seems to be the hardest word

I remember years ago, someone told me I should caution when it comes to love. I did. I did. And you were strong and I was not. My illusion, my mistake, I was careless I forgot, I did. And now. All is done there is nothing to say, and now you have gone so effortlessly. You have won. Go ahead and tell them, tell them all I know now. Shout it from the roof tops write it on the sky line All we had is gone now, tell them I was happy and my heart is broken all my scars are open tell them what I hoped would be impossible.

Falling out of love is hard. Falling for the trail is worse broken trust and broken hearts. I know, I know.

-Shontelle.

"Errm- Zac you know that night-"

"Eyy Zac; Mum said come home now it's important" Parker said bursting in the Kitchen with the phone in his right hand. He slowed down when he saw that me and Zac were in complete silence and I looked worried.

"Oh; did interrupt something" Parker slowly. When neither of us replied he closed the door slowly.

"Mum said hurry your arse home" he said as he said quickly as he closed the door

"I'm sorry was it really important?" He said as he took out his phone.

"Errm no; not really we can talk another-"

"Hello?" Zac was on the phone.

"Yeah why do I have to come home now?"

''...''

He nodded his head. His jaw clenched immediately. His eyes became a tad shade darker. He nodded as if the person on the phone could see him. I was guessing it was his Mum for obvious reasons. He hanged up and went into the hall way looking for his shoe, I followed worried.

''Zac what's up?'' I said following like a lost dog.

''Nothing important. I'll call you tonight yeah?'' He said as he finished tying his shoelaces; then shot his head back up and pecked me on the lips quickly and then closed the door. His lips were to their usual soft shelf; they were hard and rushed. I puzzled myself as I walked up the stairs.

''Aalliyah you okay?'' Omari said as he opened the living room door. He must have heard the door bang. I nodded as I went up the stairs- just nodding at anything that came out of his mouth. I wasn't paying any attention. Today had been a long couple of hours- all I needed was my bed and paracetemel. I jumped in my bed dreading the half term.

*

I rubbed my eyes and looked at the time on my phone. 1 am. Lovely I had woken up in the middle of the night. It would be virtually impossible for me to go back to bed. I had 13 missed calls and 9 messages 3 voice mails. WHOA! I was popular. I checked the missed calls 10 from Zac and 2 from a random number and 1 from Omari. I automatically called Zac. No reply. - I called the random number back; praying it was a T-Mobile number. It rang for a while until someone answered

"Yo!" Sigh. It was parker number.

"Hello. Ermm I had a missed call from this number so... what did you want?" Parker started laughing.

"What seems so amusing?" He regained himself.

"You! Your 16 and you're talking like your 50 years old- about 'hello'" he said copying me in a rich British accent. I sighed and repeated my question.

"Why did you call me?"

"Whooooa! Get a hold of yourself princess. Zac wanted you init. You bare pissed him off" he said laughing again.

"What- where is he now." I said frowning my eyebrows.

"Not here. What did you say to him when he left the house?"