(Book 2) Chapter 10- Say you gon' leave but you aint gone yet?

I'm not saying this to make you upset; I'm just saying this to make you -
It's all good when we making love.
All I ask is you don't take my love for granted.
Cause granted my love for you is real
If you won't love then somebody else will
Baby don't you, ever; get to, comftable (comftable) (comftable)
-To the left to the left
If you wanna leave be my guest you can step
Feeling irreplaceable huh? Listening to Beyonce?
Well okay I'll put you out on your B-day
-Lil Wayne & some Bobby Valentino

"It's you and me against the world babe"
"Omari; we need other people." I said laughing a little
"Not me. I just need my Bonnie" he smiled and his deep dimples showed; I swear you could dig gold in them.
"Then; I just need my Clyde" I looked out on the horizon. Devon was actually a beautiful place, I would only ever come here if I was visiting my dad and the last time was about 2 years ago, but since my school thought this would be the perfect river sites for geography students- here I was. With Omari. He wasn't perfect; there were pieces of the puzzle missing in the box, infact a lot of the pieces were missing and their wasn't even any instructions or rules- but he was my reboure puzzle. My little ball of crap.
"What you thinking about?" I removed my head from his chest. I was quiet enjoying he's heart beat. It stayed at a nice steady pace- whilst mine was climbing mountains constantly.
"Nothing. Just stuff." I said shrugging my shoulders softly. Why did he have to speak disrupt the perfectly good peace.
"Thinking about me init?" I scoffed and chuckled a little. He was unbelievably cocky, and half the time he didn't even a valid enough reason to be. I turned my full attention to him putting my hands around he's neck and turned so we were face to face.
" No. I'm thinking about how much trouble were gonna be in when we get back. Were meant to be back at 5:30 and it's 6.". I had to squeeze my hand past his big-head just to see my (previously he's) watch. He looked at me oddly and hugged me tighter than rested his hands on my waist. I always felt awkward but comftable when he touched me; especially when he realised that I'd stiffen when he did this; making him do it even more; he loved to see me squirm.
"Don't start after 1. That's my watch so don't even try to tell ME the time; and I expect back when we leave and 2. Don't be sucha cock block"
"1. No. You can just buy another one and 2. Who's cock am I blocking?" I said smiling sweetly. This watch was too nice to just pass up on.
"Mine from entering yours. Aalliyah that watches aint cheap." I know. It sure doesn't look like it; why else you think its in my hand?
"Well it doesn't seem to do its job seeing as your always late for school"
"Aalliyah; your such a teacher's pet" he said laughing
"And your such a playground bully."
"But you know you love it right" he smiled ravelling his dimples.
"Hmmmm..." I said trying to keep a straight face but just ended up laughing anyway.
"You wanna know what else I love?"
"Weed?"
"Nar. Baby don't worry, you'll be my only. Baby are you down down down down down? Doooowwwwnnnn. Dowwwwwnnn. Even if the sky is falling down. Morning and welcome to Kiss 100 radio. I'm Ricky. And this is Martin. And its 6:00. Let's get the party started with some shout outs! Line ONE!" Omari mouth grew bigger as he's head grew into a radio. The sunset turned the dull green colour of my room as I realised I was dreaming. I knew Omari couldn't sing that well and wasn't that light looking- or Asian infact. Guess it was just a silly dream. Two months and that's what I remember? My memory and dreams need to sort themselves out. What happened to happy elves and unicorns? And the villain was just a greedy bunny that told one lie? But the smart owl made it all better and they lived happily ever after in lala land?! As my dear old grandma would say 'boys have infected your mind. Ahah! So now you dream about them. Then next you go out with the. Then you come home pregnant?' -but in a Nigerian accent. I really did miss her
I turned down the volume as 'Transform Ya' came on and I made my way to the toilet. I had to start waking up earlier and earlier seeing as Sam would spend hours in the toilet and if I was there before him he would threaten to open the door meaning I had to rush out or get exposed; I knew Sam wouldn't do it but I was too sleepy to ever call him on a bluff . I did what up do and got ready for school. Hair in one bun, books ready, ate and left. I checked the time 7:45 , if traffic was feeling like being my friend today- I would get to school in good time. I got to the bus stop that was conveinetly only up my road; I stood seeing as all the seats where taken by other people tutting at there wacthes at how long the buses were. I loved my 100 percent attendance and time; no silly bus was going to ruin that- so I decided for my benefit that I might aswell walk to school. I put my headphones- not too loud; never know when someonme gonna sneek up on you and a muttered along to whatever song came on.
"Why are you always talking to yourself every time I see you?" I screamed as I someone removed my headphones. And guess who it was? I looked at the person from bottom to top. What other loser would think having your laces loose on your trainer is cool or fashion?
"Why can't you just tap me like a normal person? You scared the life out of me" I said keeping all thoughts to myself
"Sorry babe. Where you going?" Omari asked trying to speed up with me. Yes I walking fast on purpose because I knew he would only slow me down without me even realising it
"Where would I be going at this time in the morning in school uniform?" Was he asking a serious question? Silly questions get Aalliyah's silly replies.
"If I knew would I be asking?" He said sarcastically. If that was he's poor attempt to make laugh-don't bother. I screwed him and turned up the volume to maximum. It was hurting my ears but I would rather he get the message out than fake talk to someone.
"Turning up your music when boss man is talking is rude" LOL! Boss man? Bo comment. Apple headphones a crap. They only block out traffic noises- not problem like this fool.
"Omari, no offence. But I just want to get to school."
"School starts in 45 mins. Why you going so early?"
"Cause I'm walking so obviously its gonna take longer"
"What wrong with your oyster card?"
"Nothing. "
"So why are you walking?"
"Because" I said stopping "sometimes its nice to walk and see the things you have in life and really step back and appreciate them" he looked at me weirdly but stayed quiet. Good thinking.
"Where are you going. You don't have school today?"
"I have centre. So I'm gonna meet Kwali and Kayne; then go to my introduction day"
"Is your mum angry about the whole centre thing?" He shaked he's head.
"She wanted me to have a tougher punishment."
"Does she even punish you at you all?"
"Yeah. She makes me make my bed" sounds dumb. But for him that was a serious achievement.
"Is that all?" He nodded
"What about when you get excluded?" Notice how I didn't use past tense. That's how bad he's behaviour was.
"She wasn't surprised. But she's writing all this down cause my Dads supposedly coming home for a bit in December or January and he's actually gonna fuck me up."
"Seriously?"
"Yeaah. He's a stickler to the rules. Imma be in deep shit when he comes home. He won't beat me but its those sly things he does"
"Are you excited to see him?"
"I dunno. Kinda mixed. I just wanna see if he's the same as when I last saw him. If he's more ripped, more strict. "
"Can he just leave like that?"
"He has to do a couple weeks' recruitment things every 2 years. Like go schools or to the centres, give speeches basically encourage people to join the army." Remember that thing about Omari slowing me down without even realising? Yeah. He did it. We were walking at a slow pace. A slug would have outpaced us centuries ago. I started to fasten my speed and again Omari kept up with me without any difficulty- fuck the gym. We walked for a while longer talking about random things when I could just about make up Kwali in the distance.
"Aalliyah wait. Let me walk you to school" Omari said patting my hand before he went to greet Kwali and another one before .He came back and introduced us. Wait; either Kwali was looking mighty fine I thought I saw two of him; or he had a twin? If he had a twin them he's mother and father were blessed.
"Kwali- Kayne. That's my bicth. Aalliyah; these are my immigrants" Kayne or Kwali- I couldn't tell the difference- nodded.

"You cool Aalliyah?" That was unmistakably Kwali. Even if he did have a twin. Kwali smartly ignored me and Omari's 'talk' and carried on the conversation whilst we gained speed again.
"I'm fine thank you Kayne- sorry I'm mean Kwali. And yourself?" Beauty baffled me. I said smiling. Omari just raised he's eyebrows at Kwali.
"Nar B its cool. It really easy to tell us apart- like I'm Buzz lighting year; and he's woody"
"Why am I the batty cowboy"
"Cause I'm better than you. I'm faster sexier; and I have bigger tings"
"Dickhead. We identical twins and we all know I have the biggest tings here"
"Deeaaadd! Remember when we measured it a couple of weeks ago? Mans has the biggest tings!" Omari shouted.
"You looked at eachother penises?"
"Yeah. Steven try chat shit so we whipped them out and mesured I." I cloand din wanna ses boys touching and measurints. Thuld have n the pfect tno homo'
"Skeen. Your beg; why 'you talking to strangers?" Kwali smiled whilst screwing him.
"Pham. Aalliyah's been my Donny don don from day." All I understood was my name.
"Pham. Aalliyah's been my wife from day."
"Pham. She dumped for smelly Zac." How come I never knew he was smelly? He smelt FINE to me!
"Pham. She cheated on Zac with me." Still right here guys!
"Pham. She would fuck you all over for a ride on the Kwalinater". Okay. No-one cares then. He did hand movements and slow danced with the air.
"Pham. She probably mistake your Kayne"
"Dun 'no mans got the biggest dick here" Kayne said pausing from his phone conversation. Okay so their twins. I actually couldn't take my eyes off them. It was a miracle baby.
"Pham. Kayne don't go for Jamaican girls." He said resuming the previous annoying conversation with Omari. Was I seriously stopping my school journey to hear this bull?
"Pham. Aalliyah's Nigerian"
"Don't chat shit?" Kwali broke from their little trance of saying 'pham' infront of everything they said. He grabbed my arm and sprung me 45 degrees anti-clockwise to face him. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and I just stared back.-happily enjoying the view.
"Big man ting? Your Nigerian?" I think I understood the question?
"What's wrong with me being Nigerian?"
"Nothing babe. Its just that Nigerians normally have that fresh weave that looks too big for their heads or have that nasty attitude." Omari smacked Kwali's mouth and started laughing with Kayne. I was surrounded by 3 immature poor excuses of 16 year old teenage boys.
"Thank you?" I was baffled
"Nar. I mean your hairs to nice and your too nice to be Nigerian"
"Aalliyah? -she aint nice. Piss her off and you'll see Wagwarn"
"How do you always find a way to include 'Wagwarn' in every sentence?" It was actually getting beyond annoying. I turned to face the imbecile
"Loooooooooool! Aalliyah speaking like that doesn't suit you" Omari said straight faced; obviously mocking me. This was only leading to an argument but seriously this time he deserved it
"It doesn't suit anyone. Its not even in a dictionary." I said staring at right back at him
"Whaaats your point?" He could be so irrating!
"Shut up. Go and lay down on the road. Wait for a Tesco truck to come. Thanks." That's how you deal with him.
"Bossgirl got Omari to shut up" Omari just pushed him and they started play fighting a little. 16 not 6.
"Why are you irritant this morning?" Kwali asked
"This morning?". He seriously needed to shut. His. Mouth. Every now and then Kayne would slap Omari then Omari would slap him. Can't they just stop? -it was seriously pissing me off.
"Because my failure of a cousin thinks its funny to kick me out of the toilet when he please then spends endless hours; and I wouldn't even mind but when he picks me up from somewhere he seems to always know someone there- or if there a girl; try and flirt with them; only to just laugh at them when they try to kiss him- cause he claims 'he aint no pedo' -but he sure acts like it. And just cause a couple of unis have accepted him; he suddenly thinks he's Einstein- when most probably someone in my family either has connections or bribed someone cause if he got to Uni them in going to Stanford. And now I have this fool on left hand side talking about nothing anyone wants to hear. I don't care if its 'big man ting' or 'Wagwarn'. I told you; get run over by a truck" I sighed out. Talking doesn't help; at all.
"Don't blame me for your tiny problems" Omari said play screwing me. No. Don't do that.
"Omari. Who blamed you?" I haven't had my 8 hours of sleep. Don't start.
"You did. Just now."
"No. I said you talking about things no-one here wants to hear" Kwali and Kayne must have felt awkward whilst me and Omari's voice were rising steadily and we were getting angrier and closer.
"And now your remixing your story. You said 'talking about things no-one wants to know & I should get run-over by a truck' -you said that yeah?" He looked like he was challenging me to back on word. Me think not.
"Yes." Omari nodded and jumped over the fence looking thingy between the road and the pavement. He stood right in the middle of the road. Adrenaline and shock took over my body whilst Kwali just laughed and started to video it. No wonder Omari liked him- he was just another Steven. Kayne seemed just amused as Kwali.
"OMARI WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" I ran to the barrier; he looked at me and zipped he's mouth.
"Can it wait: I'm waiting for a Sainsbury truck to run me over" why was he so difficult?
The traffic thing was red but any second it was going to change colour and the drivers were already beeping at him. He did a Michael Jackson pose and stayed like that; holding he's crouch whilst sticking out one hand. Only ever looking up to look at me and zip he's mouth.
"Omari! I'm sorry okay! Just come of the road!" The light was now on amber and there was on driver who looked like he would have a field day if he ran him over
"And?"
"And I do care about what you have to say!"
"And?"
"And what? Omari your gonna die!"
"Three words" he started to sing that silly 'three words' song by Cheryl Cole. Why was he so dumb?
"Errm I love you? I love you? I LOVE YOU!" Omari smiled and moon walked back to use- which kind of failed because the road wasn't smooth enough- then jumped over the fence again. The first thing I did was slap him. One hard one across he's face.
"Happy slap!" Kwali shouted and then slapped Omari, the Kayne slapped him on the cheek- all on video; it wouldn't have been that bad if it was light slaps. But these were hard african mothers slap. Omari looked shocked but before he could even react they crossed the road and walked past a bunch of girls- making them 'ohh' and 'ahh' sounds like they were brand new shiny toys and they atteneded the same school as me *roll eyes*
"I'll get them back later" yeah. Like I care. But I didn't want him to pull that same stunt again.
"Go tiger" I said un-uthusiasicily whilst I lightly punched he's tummy- he caught my hand.
"Don't hit me again" he said seriously waving my hand in my face like a child being told off.
"You deserved it"
"You loved it" he said smiling
"Whatever" I said smiling and just giving up on the argument. I'd didn't feel like seeing run on the road again.
"To make up for it you can come and bake Kelsey another chocolate cake. She loved it" he said stating it rather than asking
"Your sucha lier. Her favourite is Vanilla"
"Soooo. Come and make Omari some cake to say sorry for making him suicidal"
"But if you killed yourself how where you gonna marry me?" I saw a hitch in his lil plan.
"I would do a Nathan and rise from the dead" -this isn't misfits.
"LOOOOOOl. Your sucha loser"
"And your sucha idiot"
"How?"
"Did you really think I was gonna commit suicide whilst doing a Michael Jackson pose? I'm gonna die the coolest way"
"How do you plan to die then?" Who actually plans these things?
"I want to go whilst beating my sexy wife to be" and how will I feel having a dead person on top of me?
"You better be talking about Adrenaline"
"Loooooooool! Why do you always get her name wrong. Its Adele and Nargh. I keep telling you; I'm gonna marry you, breed you, then die fucking you"
"So when are you gonna end it with Andy?" He sighed. Get over it; there was never gonna be a time that I'm gonna get her name right purposefully.
"When she pisses me off too much."
"And how do you know I want you back?"
"Com'on. Who can resist the Omarinter? -coming to stores near you"
"The little joke that's being passed around with all of your friends- yeah. Its no funny. And I'm late." He smiled and rolled he's eyes
"Whatever you say. I'll call you- wait what network are you on?" After how many months you ask now?
"Don't call me tonight; I have revision and 3, why?" He's eyes popped out- t-mobiles internets is always ridiculous and with 3 I could make call for cheaper. Simple maths and common sense.
"Your the reason my mum's threating to cancel my contract. You said you were on T-mobile!"
"Yeah but I cancelled that contract and started a new one but with the same number"
"You better start calling me from now on. You never wan text me no more?"
"You normally start the conversation so I just wait for you to text"
"Awww. Wittle Aalliyah waits by the phone waiting for big boss man Omari to pick up?" He said in a dumb baby voice.
"Save that for Chelsea" he cute niece. At least she would laugh at that.
"Ohhh. Just cause you met them you think you can name drop now yeah?"
"Looool. I believe I just did."
"Your lucky my Mum likes you so much."
"Lool; common' who can resist the Aaliyah'neater?" I said trying to jump on the bandwagon of that joke.
"Some any beg." He said smiling a little but tried not to.
"Whatever; carry on"
"Yeaaah. When you left she was bare like how 'your a good girl' and 'a good influence on me' looool. I must have said get her in the bedroom and she clonked me around the head" GOOD!
"Good. I would have hit you harder. You don't respect girls"
"That's not true. I respect you"
"Yeah. Other than me and your mum or family- what other girls do you respect?"
"Adele"
"Ayy step out fam. Its my house what I say goes" I said doing a masculine pose and putting on a deep voice imitating him.
"Kmt. Despite what you think I do respect her... a little."
"So how much do you respect me then?"
"Too much" I don't think he meant to say that; or that loud
"LOL. Whatever Omari. See you on Monday" I said waving and walking to school. But per usual I was disrupted. He tapped Me.; I turned and raised my eyebrows waiting for a explanation
"I tapped you like you asked"
"Is that it?" Omari shaked he's head
"I want my watch back. There's a party tonight"
"I don't have it on me and you shouldn't be going to a party on a school night anyway-" I was about to start lecturing him when he just cut me off.
"Well I haven't got any better offers" he said winking
"And your not going to with that twitch in your eye" I smiled sweetly
"Your jokes are really dead" so will your watch if you carry on. I just laughed sweetly keeping all thoughts in my head where they safely belong.
"I'll come yours later and collect it" it was more of a statement rather than a question
"No! I told you I'm revising"
"So? Its a quick in out ting"
"No; you're going to distract me"
"And how would I do that?"
"If your looking for an ego boost your not getting it from me"
"Nargh. I wasn't even fishing- I'm just gonna stop by for like 5 mins. Say hi to my mum in law; holla Sam then bounce" the best thing to do was ignore the bull.
"Whatever. I'll just make sure Sam's at home"
"Why where you gonna be?"
"In a library where you can't bother me"
"Will he know where it is?"
"I'll leave it on the table or something. Omari; I really have to go"
"There's a bus coming jump that & won't your mum be bothered that you have a males watch and it aint Sam's?"
"She probably won't be at home anyway"
"Abroad?"
"Nope. Office. Bye Omari"
"Inna bit babes" he said hugging me as I skipped on the bus. Wasn't exactly the route to school I was planning but what the hey? - I checked the time. I seemed to have jumped the late bus meaning that all St Marys are going to be on the bus. St Marys was a silly 'catholic' school not far from mine, there was no point describing it. I didn't like the school nor the majority of people that attended that school- they were Omari. Basically every single one of them; if not most of them everything I despised. There was no other way to put it. They never used dictionary English, the girls skirts were reaching for the moon and boys trouser trying to touch the devil- I'm surprised that the school hadn't been shut down yet.
'Please move inside the bus. There are seats in the upper deck of the bus' no-one moved. Did the bus drivers think pressing that button would make a bunch of teenagers in the morning move? People eventually started moving upstairs so I trotted along unhappily. I hated going upstairs- especially at this time. I had missed the bus where most people from my school would be on; so now I was stuck with the all boy's sports school and St Marys School. I silently sighed and looked for an available seat without anyone too scary or pervy looking. I spotted Michelle and some others from my school. She was sitting on her own which was weird.
"Can you hurry up?" I blinked and just sat down next to her. Gosh I must have looked high. I stopped half way on a bus just looking around.
"Hey" Michelle said quietly after the bus stopped at the next stop. I was surprised that she even reacted to me being there. We made a silent pact not to talk to each other unless it was a curse.