(3)

The weekend goes by quickly, I'm practically on house arrest. I haven't left the house at all. By the time Monday morning comes, I'm desperate for some company that isn't Nick and the Ellen show. 

"Where have you been girl?" Casey asks me, meeting me at my locker. "I had a thing Saturday night, I texted you."

"My brother practically locked me in my room." I groan. "What did I miss?" 

"Nothing much." She shrugs, as we head to English. "Spike danced to Madonna, so nothing out of the usual."

"Sweet." I laugh. We find our seats, and I see Sarah looking at me from across the room. I look away, not wanting that guilt trip again.

"Anyway." She continues. "Daniel managed to get his hands on some good quality stuff again, we were going to give it a try under the bridge tonight. Interested?"

"Yeah." I say, nodding. "Why not?" Who knows. It might do me some good to let loose tonight.

<><><><>

"Dude, Madonna just wasn't your style." Daniel snickers, as we all walk into the alley for lunch. "I think next time you should try some Britney."

"Or some ACDC like a normal dude." Leo suggests.

"Shut up." Spike sighs. "I was wasted."

"Well tonight is going to be even sicker." Daniel says grinning. "My cousin says it's the best stuff he's had in a long time."

"You in Eva?" Leo asks, looking down at me. All day, he's been egging me on, obviously about Friday night's whole little girl thing.

"Yes." I say, gritting my teeth. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know." He shrugs. "You just seem to flake out of stuff, right in the middle of it."

"If you want to say something Leo, just say it." I tell him, annoyed.

"Ok." He smirks. "I still think you're just a little girl trying to piss off her brother by hanging out with the dropkicks."

"Talk about yourself." Casey snorts.

"Whatever." Leo spits. "The point is Eva, it's time to grow up, if you want to stick around." He smiles. "See you tonight." He walks off with Spike and a couple of other guys, into the cafeteria.

"I told you Eva." Casey sighs.

"What?" I ask.

"It would be a lot easier for you if you just let him kiss you." She says.

"Ev, just let him do what he wants, you might even enjoy it." Daniel suggests.

"No." I say simply. "I don't date. End of story." I stand up, ready to go back to class.

"Come on, just-"

"See you tonight!" I cut him off, closing the door behind me.

<><><><>

There's no way I'm sticking around for gym class. I have no idea how it's legal to force kids into physical labor. They're playing dodgeball, so I'm not even going to be missed. I make my way to the parking lot, looking for Casey. We left through separate doors, so it wouldn't be obvious. I'm getting this skipping class thing down.

"Hey!" I turn around and grin, jumping into the passenger seat of her car. "I have to take you home, I'm meeting Daniel somewhere."

"Sure." I smile. "Nick won't be home, so it'll be fine."