(5)

Merry Christmas Eve/Christmas everyone :)

Have a nice holiday xx

<><><><>

"Bummer." Casey snaps her gum, leaning on the locker next to mine. "You're gonna miss some sick parties."

"I don't really have a choice." I frown, as I chuck all my books and papers in a black trash bag.

"What's that?" She asks, pointing at the old, beat up guitar case leaning next to me.

"I'm going to go pawn it after school." I frown, shoving it into my locker, now that it's empty. "I'm not taking it with me, may as well get some cash for it."

"Yeah." She nods. "You could use it to stock up on smokes before you leave, doubt you'll be able to buy them in Montana with how strict your brother is going to be."

"He's going to be so overbearing it's ridiculous." I grumble, slamming the locker door shut. "See you later?"

"Yeah." She shrugs. "Me and Daniel are skipping, so I'll see you at lunch in the alley." We go our separate ways, and I consider skipping too, but it's my last day of school, and stupid teachers have to give me all my stuff back.

We've been packing all week, and the house is pretty much bare. When I say we've been packing, I mean Nick has while I subtly leave my room the way it is, not touching a thing. Jenson and Tyler have been over all the time. They're helping to sell our furniture, and send stuff over. Every now and then I'll casually unpack a box, making it harder for them.

Although it's not really having any affect, because we're leaving tonight. He's booked the tickets and everything. I wonder how long it will last before Nick gives in and we come back. Hopefully our house is available.

I groan on the inside, as the seat next to me is filled by Sarah. English hasn't started and already I don't want to be here. Where is Andy when you need him?

"Hi." She smiles gently.

"Hi." I say shortly.

"Were... Were you going to say goodbye to us?" She asks curiously. "I mean, I found out through Renny's brother."

"I was going to find you some time today I guess." I lie through my teeth.

"You're lying." She shrugs. "But it's ok. I guess we did drift apart." I frown, not sure what to do. What is she doing here?

"I couldn't help hearing your conversation with Casey in the hallway earlier." She says.

"If you tell anyone that she's skipping she'll hurt you." I warn her.

"No, no, not that." She says quickly. "I wouldn't do that, to be honest she scares me." She frowns. "I meant the guitar." I look at her sharply.

"What about it?" I ask sternly.

"Well, I heard you were going to pawn it away." She says quickly. "And I was really hoping that you wouldn't."

"I can do whatever I want with it." I growl.

"I know." She says. "But it's special, you know it is. If you pawn it, you don't know who will have it."

"I don't care." I shoot back.

"At least give it to somewhere better than a pawn shop." She begs. "Give it to the music department. We'll take care of it, give it to kids who want to learn."

"Are you done?" I ask snarkily. 

"Yeah." She says softly. "I guess." She stands up, gathering her things. "I hope you have fun in Montana."