Epilogue

This is the end!

I love you, and I hope you follow me onto my next book!! xxx

<><><><>

I fiddle with my wedding ring, always feeling edgy at the start of these sessions.

"How have you been Eva?" My therapist asks me, pushing up her glasses. "I haven't seen you in months. That's a good thing." 

"It's been really good." I smile, settling down. Because I mean it.

"How's Hunter?" She asks. 

"Great." I tell her. "Really good. The wedding was beautiful."

"You had it on the ranch, right?"

"Yeah." I say. "Everybody came. We're actually living on the ranch at the moment. We rented out a cottage. Hunter is helping Keith out, while I finish my teaching degree."

"Are you still going to teach music?" 

"Yeah." I grin at the prospect. "We aren't sure where yet, we might move out of town for a bit. Hunter is loving his work. But it's going to be great."

"That's so good to hear." She says. "Tell me about the trial." 

I falter, this isn't the easiest topic for me. But it's gotten better.

"I'm sure you know that we won." I start, and she nods, encouraging me to continue.

"I still can't believe they found them." I sigh. "I never thought it would happen. When I got the phone call, I didn't want to testify. I didn't want to face them. But Hunter convinced me that I should." I smile. "I'm glad I did. They aren't getting out for a really long time."

We talk for a bit more, just catching up. It's a lot less formal than it was at the beginning, it's just a conversation now. We talk about the ranch, and the family. Everybody's doing really well. Jackson got to Harvard, Ollie is still reading. David and Alison are travelling, and Beth is loving school. 

Nick moved back to Ohio. That was hard. That was really hard. He was offered a chance to run his own mechanic shop, and he felt like he needed to do it. We visit constantly, but of course I miss him. He started dating Sarah.

Although we will never be close friends, I've heard Noah is doing well. I think he got away from his Dad. He joined the army.

And Hunter and I are perfect. We're starting our lives together.

We say goodbye, and I leave her office, meeting Hunter outside.

"Hey baby." He says, chucking his newspaper into his truck. "You good?"

"I'm good." I grin, kissing him slowly.

We made it.