(16)

"I'm not wearing that." I say bluntly.

"The Dennings parties are always semi formal." Emily says nervously. "You can't wear jeans. Even I put on something more fancy." I have to say, she looks amazing in her leopard print maxi dress.

"Do I have to wear that?" I whine.

"Do you pack a dress?" She asks. I sigh, taking the dress out of her hands.

"Fine." I grumble, and go into the bathroom. I look at the dress in horror. I don't wear dresses. It's not who I am. Never has been. I strip, and hesitantly slide into the dress.

It's black, and slightly hugs my hips, but is modest at the same time. It was Maddison's, before she became pregnant. I slide into a pair of Emily's heels, and then let my hair out of the pony tail. It explodes, the curls hitting the dress. 

Ew. 

There's nothing I can do to make my appearance any better, so I leave the bathroom, clutch in hand. I walk past Nicks open bedroom door, and I can hear him cussing. I smile, already knowing what he's struggling with. I walk into his room, and chuckle.

"Still can't tie a tie." I smirk, taking the knotted thing out of his hands.

"Why bother learning when I have you?" He jokes. I laugh, and untie his failed attempts.

"So how has school been?" He asks. "We haven't really talked since it all happened."

"I'm coping." I shrug. "I still don't want to be here though."

"Well I love it here." He smiles. "My job is amazing. And this family is so nice." I roll my eyes, stepping back after I'm done.

"Yep." I say dryly. "You fit right in." He looks at me, taking in my appearance, and I know it's coming.

"Emily got you in a dress." He smirks. "And hell froze over."

"Whatever." I mutter. "You better catch me when I trip over these heels." We leave, and he follows me downstairs into the kitchen, where everybody is waiting. All the boys are wearing nice pants and shirts, with ties, Keith in a dinner jacket.  

"You look really good in my dress Eva.' Maddison smiles, sitting down in her pyjamas. "I'm not even going, terrible cramps."

"Lucky." Luke groans. "These pants are so itchy."

"They are Carters old ones." Emily says, tying a big pink bow in Beth's hair to match her dress. "And if I hear you complain one more time, so help me god Luke, you can kiss that school camping trip goodbye."

"Do you know if the Wellingtons will be there?" Alyssa asks.

"They should be." Emily says distracted. "You and your sister needs to pull down your skirts, they're way too high."

"Why?" Isaac smirks. "Does little sis have a crush on Peter Wellington?"

"No." She protests. "Don't be stupid." 

"Ok." Emily says, putting on lipstick while heading for the door. "We're late. Let's go."

<><><><>

Charlie drive Nick, Hunter, Isaac, David and I in his truck, and the others follow in the nicer cars.

"I thought the party was in the salon?" I ask confused, as we drive past the courtyard.

"He changed the address to his house, too many people were coming." Charlie says. "We wouldn't fit."

"I hate their house." Isaac groans. "Their kitchen is our whole house."