Chapter Four

"Today is the day!" Mindy mumbles to herself as she finish packing last minute items. Thinking about leaving her family makes her so sad but she promised herself that she will not cry today. She wants to leave smiling as to not worry her parents especially her mom. She walks out to the kitchen where her parents were already preparing a huge meal for her departure.

"Good morning," Mindy said happily kissing both her parents on the cheeks. "Morning baby! Breakfast will be ready in a bit," said her mother. "Oh mom, all this food isn't necessary," Mindy jokes but she is already tasting all the dishes on the table. She loves her mother's cooking the best. "It's a long plane ride, you'll get hungry," replies her mother, "besides, it'll be awhile before you get to eat my cooking again. So eat plenty." "True...Okay!" Mindy seated herself at the dining table.

Mindy pulls out her planner flipping through until she saw her flight information. Her flight leaves at 3pm and it's currently 10am so that gives her a couple hours. Ten minutes later everything was set and ready to eat. Mindy ate to her hearts content. While eating her and her parents talked about her job and her living accommodations. Her parents reminding her to make sure to contact them when she lands. After helping her mom clean up, it was already noon. She had already schedule a taxi to pick her up and take her to the airport because she know she will never leave if her parents took her. Her cab was due to arrive any minute now.

Her mother's phone started ringing while they were settled in the living room enjoying some sweets and fruits. "Am I too late? Did she leave?" boomed her sister, Elisa's voice through the phone. Her mother hands her the phone. "Hey what's up?" Mindy answers her. "I just wanna wish you a safe trip. AND....I hope you find a husband there. SOON!" Elisa burst out laughing on the line. "Oh you dork. I'll be fine if that's what you wanna know." Mindy says holding back tears. Her sister was always the funny carefree kind of type. Although they already don't see each other much with Mindy in Seattle and her sister in LA. This distance makes them even further apart.

"Beep! Beep!" Just then a taxi pulls up outside of the gates. "Okay I have to go now, love you!" Mindy hands the phone back to her mom. She hugs both of her parents tightly. Her mom starts to cry. "Oh mom, don't cry. I'll be back to visit very soon," Mindy herself was at the edge of losing it as well. "Okay Hun, it's time to let her go," her father says grabbing her mother in his arms. "Thanks dad." "Be safe Hun," her father smiles at her.

"Beep! Beep!"

Seeing as the taxi driver was impatient, Mindy gave her parents one last hug before grabbing her two luggage and walking out the drive way to the taxi. As she walked she didn't dare look back as tears had begun to fall down her face. She threw her things in the trunk and got into the back seat of the taxi. As the taxi drove off, Mindy finally turn back and look at her home disappearing in the distance.

All the while, the taxi driver has a slight smile on his face.

*****

Mindy having been lost in thoughts for a while and having her vision blurred from all the tears, didn't notice that they have been driving for a while and ventured off course. It wasn't until she started to notice all the green trees passing by through her window that she realize. She checked the time on her phone and a good hour has already passed. Her flight leaves in less than two hours. "Excuse me sir," Mindy asked, "Where are we going? We are supposed to be headed to the airport."

No reply.

"Hello!" she tries again. This time with a hint of panic in her voice. "Omg is his death?" Mindy thought to herself. He had a cap on shadowing his face so Mindy didn't get a good view at his face but only a side profile. She taps him on the shoulder but he didn't react at all. "Stop the car!" Mindy yells now frighten. "If you don't I'm going to call the cops!" That seems to have caught his attention and he finally react as Mindy dials the number. Making a sharp turn suddenly, she drops the phone under the seat.

"Ahhh! What the hell are you doing!?" Mindy shouted unbuckling her seatbelt, she reached under the seat feeling for her phone. The driver abruptly stop the car, making her tumble to the ground. He gets out of the car and runs around to her side opening the car door. At the same time Mindy grabs her phone and gets up but to her shocked the driver grabs hold of her legs.

"Let me go!" she shouts at him. Trying to pull herself away from him, she sees an opening right between his legs and kicked him there as hard as she can. "Ahh fuck!" shouted the stranger as he falls down to the ground. It's the first thing she's heard him say this whole time. Thinking she's heard that voice before, she gets out the car and takes off running.

"HELP! Somebody help me!" Mindy screamed at the top of her lungs while running. She trips over a branch and stumble over hitting her head first hard. As she lies on her back she sees the stranger hovering over her. For an instant she thought she saw his face. The face of the man she met the other day at the beach before blacking out.

"Shit!" Jonah cursed out loud as he picked up Mindy's body in his arms. "Don't you die one me!" He had plan this whole switching out the taxi driver to be him and kidnapping her along the way. He didn't think this girl was this tough and will fight back like this.

This morning when she got into the taxi with her tear stained sadden face, he wanted to just for a second, stop everything that he was doing to comfort her. But he knew better.

He carries Mindy and sets her down in the back seat of his black truck parked a couple meters down from the taxi. He planned to switch car half way through but didn't plan for this to happen. He puts some tissue where blood was escaping from her head after her fall. He then went back to the taxi and took out her luggage throwing them in the back of this truck. Seeing her phone on the ground, he also picks it up. Pulling out his own phone he dials a number. "Hey it's me. Come pick up the taxi and clean this mess. And did you take care of things on that end?..... Okay good." He hangs up the phone.

Jonah had notify his company in Korea about Mindy's dismissal from her position and had his secretary cancel her flight as well. Her family would have think she is gone by now. Jonah got into the driver seat and drove off deeper into the woods.