Chapter Thirty Four

Yay two updates in one day! And the third update this week! Yes there's a reason for this. In the upcoming two weeks will be exam weeks so there might not be an update coming out until after. I'll try my best to get at least a chapter in between studies lol. Sorry didn't edit well. Enjoy! =)

After a week had pass, Mindy's face was fully recovered. Today was the day that she had agree to meet her parents back at her home. Home, she thought, my home.

Jonah had insisted that he had someone drive her but she was persistent in going alone. She wanted privacy with her family without the presence of outsiders. At the end her persistency won.

Getting out of the taxi, she pays the cab driver his money and he drove off. Looking at her parents' estate, she couldn't be happier and knowing that her parents were just behind the gates had her heart jumping for joy. Tears wanted to escape at this moment but she didn't want to ruin the occasion so she held it in.

Opening the door to the gates she walks to the house. Before she can even reach, Grace, her mother is running out of the front door like a bull at her.

"Oh my gosh, my precious baby!" Grace jumped on her daughter.

Mindy wasn't any less excited than her. She hugged her mother ever so tightly like she was going to lose her any second now. She didn't want to, but her tears betray her and ran down like a stream.

"Baby why are you crying?" Grace was a little worry when she let her daughter go.

"Mom...(hiccup)... Mom I just miss you so much. (hiccup) I'm so happy to see you." Mindy said between sobs.

Mindy sees her dad, Bruce, walk out of the door towards her. She drops her hands from her mother and ran to her father for a hug as well. Forgetting at that moment that he was an evil man, she only saw her father.

When the family was finally settle down in the living room, Mindy begins to speak.

"Mom, dad, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you guys about this from the start, but I didn't have the courage in me too. I was also afraid of shaming the family." She intakes a deep breath.

"I got married." She looks down and started fidgeting with her fingers expecting her parents to yell at her any second now.

The room fell silence that was until the clapping of Grace's hand.

"Yes! I'm so proud of you hun. You don't know how long I waited for this day to come." Grace said excitedly.

"Wait you're not mad? Surprise?" Mindy was so confused she looks from her mother to her father. Her mother's face was nothing but happiness and although her father wasn't as excited, he looked to calm.

"Did you guys already knew?" she suspected.

"No honey. Why would you think that?" Grace lied. They both knew very well since the beginning.

"You're both so, collected?"

"Baby your mother and I have been waiting for the day you marry. We both trust in your decisions and are truly happy for you. But this doesn't mean that I'm not upset at your actions. You have some explaining to do." Bruce said.

"Well, while working abroad I met a guy...."

She explains her story matching similarly with Jonah's story. There was no way she was going to tell her parents that she was kidnapped and fell in love with her capturer.

"Well who is this guy? And his family?" Grace fakes like she didn't already know.

This question finally brought Mindy back to the true reality behind her father. She wonders if her mother knew but concluded that there was no way her mother can know and still be with him.