Chapter Twenty Five

Song "I'll Be Good" by Jaymes Young

It's been three days since the incident in Jonah's bathroom. Since then Mindy did her best to avoid him and only attended to him when needed and even then the awkwardness between the two was of no secret.

Jonah was feeling much better even though the pain in his shoulder hasn't disappear, it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. He had called Jordan earlier to thank him only to be thrown a thousand questions from his best friend. Questions that he would soon answer as he hates keeping secrets from him.

Mindy had just brought him lunch in his room and to his surprise she was being obedient as ever. She on the other hand had decided that she will not run anymore but gain his trust and persuade him into letting her go. Obviously she knew he wasn't a bad dirt evil guy as she presumed him to be.

The ringing of Jonah's phone brings him back to reality as he sets the lunch down on the night stand and look at the caller ID. "From Korea? Lillie? What is she calling for?"

"Hello?" He curiously answered.

"Hey big brother! You've got some explaining to do!" Lillie's voice came loud and demanding.

"What...?"

"There some guy here name Nathaniel or Nate whatever his name is looking for some chick name Mindy that he claims works here but obviously she doesn't because you fired her before she even got here to start working." She accused him. "And yes before you asked I just looked into it. So explain!"

Oh fuck. Jonah was stunned. He didn't know what to say. All he can think about was what in the world is Nate doing there in Korea the first place.

"Well...I'm waiting," Lillie impatiently said.

"What did you tell him so far?" Jonah was suddenly worried that his little sister might have blown everything.

"Not much except for the fact that she didn't work here."

"What!? You told him that?"

"Well yeah. What am I suppose to do tell him to wait while I find a Mindy that doesn't exist. This Nate I tell ya. He's quite the jerk. Demanding and rude. Said I didn't know what I was talking about that this Mindy did work here. Hello I run the place here! Ha he's kinda like you."

"Shut it Lillie. Now tell me from the beginning what happened." Jonah said.

-

After listening to his sister explain, he was a little relieved. It seems that Nate still believe Mindy works there.

"Do something to get rid of him. And make up some excuse as to why Mindy isn't there at the moment. Let him believe she still works there." Jonah tasked her.

"But I already told him she doesn't."

"Well tell him you're a klutz and you made a mistake."

"You cannot see or feel it but I'm mentally kicking your ass right now!" Lillie shouted through the phone.

"Thanks baby sis." He cooed.

"You owe me."

"I know."

"One more question Jonah. Who's Mindy?" she asked. The sudden interest irks at Jonah's annoyance.

"I'll tell you the next time you come into town." With that he hangs up the phone on his sister.

That conversation with his sister made him lose his appetite. He was worried and can only hope his sister pulls through. Jonah had assigned his sister to run the company there while he worked with the US offices.