Chapter Thirty

Song "Little Do You Know" by Alex and Sierra

Another update for ya!

Mindy sat on the huge chair by the windows in the library and stared at her ring. It has been two days since she received the ring from Jonah. Since then they didn't make much contact with each other. He was always busy at work and when he returned she would already be sleeping or pretending that she was. She felt so alone in the mansion like she was a prisoner there. To her it was no different than being locked up in the woods since she wasn't allow to go anywhere.

Jonah walks in as she was deep in thoughts. Clearing his throat, he grabs her attention.

"I have to talk to you about something." He said sitting on a chair across from her. "My mother will be coming home in a few days."

"What?" she didn't know how to react. She wasn't sure if she was ready to face the woman her father had hurt so badly.

"She's not completely herself yet but the doctor said it was safe to take her home. I haven't told her about us yet but I'll be visiting her today to break the news. I won't tell her about your parents so you don't have to worry. I don't want to....set anything off." Really Jonah didn't want her mother to know because for sure she would contact Mindy's parents which can lead to Mindy finding out the truth.

"I'm sorry..." Mindy was scare to find out how his mother will react when she found out her only son married the enemy. "I can leave here..."

You're not going anywhere!" he abruptly said. "Just be prepare for her return. I don't want anything to upset her so be careful of what you say."

"Okay I know." She replied. "Jonah...I'm scare." She admitted.

He gets up from the chair and kneels on one knee in front of her taking her hands in his in the process.

"Don't worry. She is sure to like you. And I won't ever let anything happen to you." He gently brushes at the back of her palm. He then brings them to his lips taking in her sweet scent.

His soft lips calm her nerves a little but still she feels bad. She decided that she will do whatever needed to make his mother forgive her family too.

*****

Seattle Psychiatric Hospital

"Hey Ma!" Jonah pulls his mother, Nina, into a bear hug.

"Hey dear. I can't tell you how excited I am. The nurse told me I'll be coming home in a couple days. Is this true?" Nina's smile was wide from ear to ear.

"It is Ma." He ushered the both of them to sit on the foot of the bed. "Mom I have some good news to tell you. You're going to be very surprise."

"What is it son?"

"I'm in love mom. She's beautiful." He smiles lightly.

"Oh really? Who is she? I'm so happy for you." She pulls him into a hug.

"Her name is Mindy Young. And I'm very serious."

"Well when do I get to meet her? And does this mean wedding bells soon?" she excitedly said.

"Well, here's the thing. I kinda already married her. We married at the courthouse a week ago. So you get to meet her sooner than you think." His voice was low not sure how his mother would react.

"What? Jonah Lewis Chambers, now you know that not the proper way to do it in the Chambers family." Nina was full of disappointment.

"Are you angry?" he said like a little boy who just got in trouble.