Chapter Forty One

Hey all! Sorry haven't update in awhile. But here's a short update for ya!  

Jonah woke up next to his sleeping wife who was snuggle in his embrace. They had gone at it for a couple hours and he couldn't be a happier man at the moment. He finally got his Mindy back. His wife.

Slowly moving her body off of his, he turns to the night stand reaching for his phone that has been beeping nonstop.

"Shit Jordan!"

They have been so tire after mating like beasts, he forgot that Jordan was on his way here and fell into a deep sleep. Getting out of bed careful not to wake up Mindy, he tiptoes down the stairs to the door opening it.

"It seems you're not dead, so... I'm gonna kill you." Jordan calmly but annoyingly says.

"Sorry dude, we fell asleep." Jonah said rubbing the back of his head trying to flatten his wild hair.

"Do you know how long I've been standing out here you ungrateful dog. I thought you were dead!" He snaps at his best friend.

"Shhhh! My wife is sleeping." Jonah whisper shouts.

At the mention of Mindy, he lowers his voice. "Oh now she's your wife. What did she suddenly forgive you? And what was this about you dying in the stream? Got me racing over here for nothing but just to be left out in the cold."

"Hahaha." Jonah chuckles. "Sorry my friend, come in and I'll explain everything but please do be quiet."

Rolling his eyes, Jordan steps into the house with his friend following behind.

-

"You're an idiot." Jordan plainly states.

"A smart idiot." Jonah smiles to himself proud that him and Mindy are on good terms again.

Before their conversation can continue longer, Mindy strolls down the stairs, her presence shutting the guys up. Jonah immediately gets off the couch and tends to his wife eloping her in a hug.

"How are you feeling?" he asks her.

A slight blush creeps onto her face. "Good." She simply replies.

Seeing Jordan with a huge grin on his face, she loosens herself. "Jordan please look at Jonah, he might have caught something."

"Already did! The only thing it seems he has caught is you."

She rolls her eyes at him but his words made her smile deeply.

"How about you? Let me take at a look at you and baby Jonah okay?" he said moving over to her.

Both men escort her to the couch before Jordan starts his checkup.

After he was finished, he says everything looks fine but suggested they go back into town to do a thorough check tomorrow.

"Okay then, baby should we go back now? Mom and your parents are worried sick about you." Jonah asked her.

"But the keys..."

"Ah about that." He gets off the couch and goes into a drawer nearby and pulls out a car key. "I forgot to tell you, I have a spare."

Mindy eyes him like she was ready to shoot him. "I hate you."

"Love you too." He puts on his best puppy face.

*****

They pull up to the house by the time night had already fallen.