Chapter Thirty Five

A/N

YASSSS! Exams are over! I have about a week and a half of freedom before summer courses starts! So I'll try to update as much as possible!!

"Nate this is not a good idea. Let's just leave now!" Lillie pulls at his arm but he was already storming through the front doors of the Chambers' mansion.

"No Lillie! You don't get to tell me what to do anymore! I'm through with you and your family lies!" he pulls her close speaking directly in her face so she knew he was serious.

Her breath caught in her throat and she couldn't find her voice that moment to stop him. He lets go of her shoving her aside.

"JONAHHHH! Get your ass out here this instant!"

*****

Mindy drops her bag on the floor catching the attention of all three people in the middle of the room. All their head turns to face her as she stands there idly not knowing what to do.

"What's going on here?" she cautiously asks.

Nate's steps were quick reaching her and encircling her in his embrace. "Oh thank god you are okay."

She was shocked by the sudden hug given by Nate especially with Jonah not too far away.

"What's wrong Na.. – "

"Get the fuck off my wife!" Jonah shouts. He swiftly pulls Nate away from her body before swinging and landing a punch on his face.

"Shut up she's not your wife!" Nate returns a punch.

Both men were at the end of their sting and an all-out punching war starts between the two.

It took a stunned Mindy a minute to realize what was going on. Finally, she runs toward the two grabbing Jonah off of Nate while Lillie holds Nate back.

"Let go of me! I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!" Jonah roared.

"Stop it now!" Mindy shouted loud and clear but neither man seem not to care.

"Nate calm down!" Lillie tried at stopping him.

"Shut up! I'm taking Mindy back with me today after I murder this fucker!" Nate shoves Lillie causing her to tumble to the ground.

"Nate back away!" Mindy attempts again at stopping them. She was now in between the two men holding Jonah back with Nate only a few steps behind.

"Out of my way Mindy!" Jonah growled but she showed no resistant in backing down. The anger in him was burning up. She did the first thing that came to her mind to calm him down.

Wrapping one arm around his neck and the other around his head she pulls his head to her and kisses him. Jonah was shocked for a second but his anger quickly dissipates and he deepens the kiss wrapping his arms around her tiny waist.

Nate stood there, paralyzed and astounded by the scene before him. His mind was racing confuse at Mindy's action. His jaw tense and his fist tightens but Lillie grabs him before he can stop the couple before him.

Mindy finally broke off the kiss and stare daze into her husband's eyes before releasing her arms from him. "What's going on here?" she said breathlessly. She locks her right fingers with Jonah's left hand to keep him in place. Then she turns to look at Nate who was still standing there his eyes burning right through her. "Nate what are you doing here?"

"I came to take you back. I know everything now Mindy. I know what that asshole did to you. When we met last time you didn't tell me that he kidnapped you. Why? I could have taken you away right then and there." He takes a step forward but she stops him with her voice.