Chapter Forty Two

OMG!! *Tears* Hi lovely readers! I'm sadden but happy but more sad to announce that this is officially the last chapter to "The Mistake". I thank you all for following this story (my first story) and myself through this great journey! I hope you all enjoy the last chapter!

Song "Hero" Enrique Iglesias

"My baby you look beautiful!" Grace jumped at the sight of her daughter glowing beautifully in the simple yet elegant silky white wedding dress covering but not completing hiding her baby bump that had started to show.

"Thanks mom." Mindy said getting up from her chair. She checks herself out in the gigantic mirror leaning against the wall.

A month has pass since Mindy announced to everyone she was pregnant. Her parents, including Jonah's mother, went wild as if a circus had come into town and they were part of the act. Immediately, it seems as if the worst of the past was behind her and Jonah, and everyone only cared for what was then.

Bruce was so excited he even gave Jonah a hug and a "good job son". Grace after getting over her excitement phoned her other daughter, Elisa, in California to break the news and boy did that start a whole new commotion of its own. Nina, also did the same by telling her daughter Lillie and the whole house hold. Everyone came together, happy and was a family again.

Both mothers agree to throw a wedding regardless that the two were already married and Jonah couldn't agree more. His wife deserves the fairytale wedding, the best, he thought. At first, Mindy was skeptical about it, only because she was with child. But with the date set for only a month away, her baby bump had only started to show and she became more excited as the date proceed.

Preparations were quickly made in that short period of time, and thanks to the wealth Jonah held, he was able to book the finest hotel in Seattle without being on the waiting list. Since it was winter and the snow had begun to fall, they had no choice but to hold the wedding inside.

"I can't believe my sister finally got hitch... and knocked up." Elisa joked staring at her sister's baby bump.

"Oh shut it." Mindy laughs.

"My precious daughter-in-law. I'm so grateful to have you as my son's partner for the rest of his life. You saved the both of us. Really you did." Nina express staring into Mindy's honey eyes.

"Mom. Thank you." She said trying to hold back tears. There was no way she's going to ruin her makeup - at least not yet.

Lillie was also in the room offering her congratulations to her sister-in-law. She, like everyone else, could not be happier for her and Jonah.

"Come on ladies it's almost time." Bruce said walking into the bridal's room.

Everyone wished Mindy their goodbyes and 'see you laters' before stepping out.

"Hey Mindy, can I talk to you for a second?" Lillie said when everyone had stepped out except her, Mindy and Bruce.

"Uh yeah," she replied, "dad you mind giving us a second?" Bruce nodded and close the door behind him.

"What's up?"

"I just wanted to apologize for not having been there throughout you and Jonah's relationship. And for the way that he treated you. I knew about it but never told you or had anyone to come help you. I'm sorry." Lillie apologize.

Mindy shakes her head before speaking, "Lillie that was in the past and you have nothing to apologize for. If you had done something back then, imagine where Jonah and I would have been now. Most likely not here, him maybe in prison and me, who knows where."