Chapter Sixteen

Took me awhile to decide on Jonah but I finally settle on Bae - Ian Somerhalder. But as mention before, let your imagination run wild and let him be who you want him to be! =)

Song "Towers" Little Mix

Mindy awakes to the birds chirping outside the window. She gets up into a sitting position gently rubbing her eyes. They were puffy and red from having cried all night. She moves off the bed to the window pushing the curtains aside. The scenery outside still taking her breath away every time she looks at it. How she wish to be on that swing, to feel the green grass under her feet and dip her toes into the river.

Grabbing her towel she heads for the bathroom. She can hear the clattering of pots and pans as she walks out into the hallway alerting her that the ogre was awake.

Taking off her clothing she stares at her naked body in the mirror. Examining the love bites that travel from her neck down. Her eyes zone in on the dark purple one that stops just before her chest. Any lower and it would have been on there. What a fail birthday she thought.

All the emotions from yesterday came rushing back. Anger mostly. But at whom? She was angry at him for doing what he did but more pissed off at herself for reacting in such degrading ways. Ignoring her thoughts she hops in the shower scrubbing hard at her body wanting to wash away everything.

Emerging into the kitchen after her shower, Jonah was already seated at the table with breakfast prepared like always. He looks away from his phone when she enter the kitchen. His eyes immediately moving to her neck admiring the hickeys he left on her skin.

Mindy shudder at him. She didn't have anything sweater or turtlenecks with her to cover her neck. It was the middle of summer and she had planned to do winter shopping over in Korea.

As much as she didn't want to be near him, she was hungry. Sitting down next to him without saying a word she starts eating. He sets his phone down by him and continue eating as well, eyeing her every now and then.

Mindy secretly eyes his phone as they eat. "If only I can get to it." She thought. Jonah didn't miss her eyeing his phone one bit. He knows his little princess is up to something.

"Clean up would you princess?" he ask her setting down his glass of water.

"It's not like I have a choice. And stop calling me princess. You're the real prince here, isn't that right Mr. Chambers?"

"You rather me call you slave then?" he smiles wickedly at her.

"Ugh." She ignores him picking up her plate and walking it to the sink.

He gets up and walks into the living room flopping down on the couch, "What a beautiful day." He says stretching his limbs then closing his eyes.

She returns to the table to grab his plate and the rest of the plates when she spots his phone where he had left it. Slowly looking over to him, she checks to make sure he's not paying attention before quickly swiping his phone into her hand. Picking up the plates with her other hand she heads to the sink dropping the plates in. Then she turns on the water before bending down behind the island counter out of Jonah's view and pressing the power button on his phone.

The screen lights up to a pattern password on it. Of course!  She was beyond frustrated but immediately got to work swiping away at his phone with different patterns. Come on. Come on. Come on. She silently pleaded with the phone. Swiping an 'M' the phone finally unlocks. "Of course it's the easiest pattern of them all."

Regardless she was happy. Pressing the call button she starts to dial '9-1-' and then stop. No don't, he'll hear you talk on the phone. The voice in her head advise her. Texting it is! She exits out and starts to text a message. Pls help me! I've been kidnapped and being held somewhere in the forest. I never left to Korea. Hurry Nate pls! – Mindy

Quickly looking her text over she smiles then moves her finger to press over the send button. "What are you doing?" Jonah's voice boom before her.

Shocked she drops the phone to the ground before pressing send. She moves to pick it up but he was quicker snatching the phone off the floor. "Give it back!" she whined. He held the phone up while she tries jumping to grab it.

Reading the message he wasn't mad, he knew she was up to it. He just wanted to give her hope that wasn't really there. But then when his eye roam over the name Nate, jealousy surge through him.

"For being a naughty princess, I'm going to have to chain you up." He said grabbing the chain. He didn't plan to but seeing that man's name piss him off. Why is she asking him of all people for help?

"No, I didn't mean to!" she protested as he grab hold of her ankle bounding her to the stool once again. "Asshole!"

He chuckles at her deletes her message in front of her eyes. "Sorry I guess your knight in shining armor won't be able to save you. Now do the dishes will ya?"

Suddenly his phone ring interrupting them.

He looks at the screen his eyebrows coming together at the number.

"Say a word and I'm tying you to a tree!" he threaten her. Her lips automatically moves inwards at his threat.

"Hello." He picks up his voice was serious.

"Mr. Chambers, you have to get to the hospital immediately. Your mother...she...she.... Please just come right away." A female's voice booms through the phone.

Mindy observes Jonah as his jaw tense and seriousness fills his eyes. She can see the vain popping out from his forehead. Her curiosity eating her up.

"I'm on my way." He said before ending the call.

"Who was – "she was cut off as he ran up the stairs.

Jonah went to retrieve his keys from his bedroom. Already worried at what could have happened to his mother. Rushing back down he stops looking at Mindy. "Stay here and don't try anything stupid!" Giving her one last warning look he was out the door.

Vote Vote Vote! &&& Comment! Thanksss! =)