08 | BRAVADO

08 | BRAVADO

Greyson had Elodie knocking on her bedroom door the very next morning, shouting that her and Finnick were going to be training with the other Victors today

Greyson had Elodie knocking on her bedroom door the very next morning, shouting that her and Finnick were going to be training with the other Victors today. She was itching to get her hands on a bow. She wanted to show people that the scared, fifteen year old girl years ago was now fierce and most importantly, a threat. Plus, the more attention she drew onto herself the less likely the others will go for Katniss and Peeta; that's what everyone seems to want, right?

Greyson shoveled down eggs and bacon during breakfast, eager to get to actually talk with Johanna instead of making faces at her from across a room. They were good friends. She was like an older sister to Greyson, the typical overprotective and thoughtful one. But with Snow always watching her, it was hard to ever contact Johanna. However, after exchanging phone numbers, they managed to sort something out under Snow's radar.

"You ready to play?" Finnick asked in a teasing tone.

They were walking out of the elevator and towards the Training Center where there would be all the other tributes; or at least the ones who had an inflamed ego and a thirst for bravados. Greyson shrugged her shoulders, unsure of how to answer. She thought for a minute until they approached the doors that separated them from the sweaty and brooding tributes.

"Only if you are," She teased back to him, trying to lighten the mood. See, I can be fun she thought.

He looked down at her while pushing open the doors, "here we go," he breathed.

Katniss and Peeta were already there, her off in the corner of the room with Wiress and Beetee talking and Peeta was actually trying to socialize with Brutus and Chaff. He's got his eyes on allies. Little does he know he already has some. Finnick and Greyson part ways, deciding that it wouldn't be good if the others saw how close they were. And she couldn't stop herself and admit how her heart broke slightly at the retreating of his figure, no matter if it was for their own good.

Greyson's eyes dragged across the room carefully until she saw exactly what she was looking for; a bow and arrows. After her training with Finnick in the past weeks, she had gotten better at shooting and her stamina was quicker and much more elongated. I hope Katniss isn't jealous.

Greyson picked up a sleek, dark grey bow and a quiver of arrows. A simulator was nearby so she entered it, picking what she wanted to do. It only took a few seconds for the lights to dim and her first target to sprint towards her with a knife in hand.

Notching an arrow into the bow, Greyson let it fly as soon as she thought it was a good enough time. The person disappeared instantly into orange blocks and so did the arrow. And they keep coming from all areas of the room. From up above, out of the floor, and the ceiling. Her last arrow hit its target with complete excellency, Greyson's breathing surprisingly ragged and heavy. The lights flickered on and she was quickly accompanied with shock as she saw Katniss, Finnick, and every other tributes looking at her with either envy or impressed expressions.