50 | THE GIRL ON FIRE

SONG SUGGESTION: White Flag by Bishop Briggs

In the morning, Greyson found herself staring at the television screen again for one of Beetee's interferences. The rebels are slowly making their way toward the center of the Capitol by sending cars down streets and deploying pods.

"This can't last," Gale said. "In fact I'm surprised they've kept it going so long. The Capitol will adjust by deactivating specific pods and then manually triggering them when their targets come in range."

He was right. Men are thrown backwards from an explosion, leaving them scattered and wounded.

"I bet it's killing Plutarch not to be in the control room on this one," Peeta sarcastically muttered.

Beetee exits the screen, allowing the Capitol reporter to resume their broadcast. They inform whoever's watching of the blocks civilians should evacuate. Greyson wandered over to Katniss to help her mark the map where the positions of the armies were stationed. She watched as Katniss then moved to the window, barely allowing herself to be seen by the morning light. After a few seconds, she leaves the window, her face as stony as ever.

Tigris offered to be their spy, seeing as she's the only one not with a bounty on her head. After everyone was downstairs, Tigris went out to see if she could get any information on the Rebels and their stance. Katniss began pacing, driving Peeta and Gale subtly toward frustration. Greyson was pressed against the wall, watching everyone, watching as Finnick subconsciously touched the area around the four long claw marks that Greyson couldn't do anything about without proper medical equipment. She felt as though she was back in the arena with little help from the outside world; she was all on her own.

As Finnick winced, her eyes snapped up and she frowned, seeing him touch the deep scratches that would surely scar over. "Don't touch them," she instructed, catching his attention, "they'll get infected."

Finnick sighed, the bags under his eyes darker than ever. "They'll scar, won't they?" He asked.

"Is that really such a bad thing?" Greyson asked, causing Finnick to raise an eyebrow in question. She continued, "think of it as a reminder, when you're looking into a mirror, you'll be able to remember that you survived."

"If we survive," Peeta muttered.

"If we do," Greyson nodded. "But don't think so low, there will always be hope," she breathed out the last word with strength, the taste of it on her tongue a falsity. She looked around her, at Katniss, who was still pacing, to Gale, Cressida and Pollux, who were hovering over the makeshift map they managed to make of the Capitol. They were running low on food, soon they would have to move, and when they did, all Hell would break loose.