09 | AVOWAL

09 | AVOWAL

Have you ever wondered how magnets connected? Or why they did?

Magnets sticked together because they had a magnetic field around them, and this field both pushed and pulled away other magnets. But if you have two different magnets, they'll connect. Each magnet has a side of north and south, and a north pole will stick to a south pole. The opposites only attract, not the same sides.

Take Finnick and Greyson for example. He was flirty and confident. She was shy and selfless. They were opposites, but both have a south side, where he was a broken man from a deranged past and she was a fighter yearning for rebellion and overall justice. In many ways they were similar, but their personalities were what made them attracted to one another. Like magnets.

Now they're holding each other, pressing heated kisses against each other's skin. Greyson could feel her heart wanting to burst from her chest and hide her cheeks from how red they probably were. Finnick was relieved that she was kissing him back with just as much passion. His hands slowly lowered her onto the bed until she hit the mattress. Their lips broke apart, with their foreheads close together and their breathing uneven. He stared down at her, loving how her long hair sprawled out from underneath her head and how her eyes were brighter than usual and wider, full of life.

"You make me forget about all the bad," he whispered, kissing her shortly again. He lowered himself down until he was laying next to her. Greyson turned to look at him while still trying to calm the heavy rise and fall of her chest. Her mind was spinning like a torrent of winds during a storm. And if that wasn't enough, he started talking in a lulling voice. "You make me want to protect you, comfort you and stay with you until you don't want me anymore. I don't know what it is about you that makes my heart beat so fast, but I'm going to stick around to find out . . . kitten, why are you crying?"

Greyson was in fact letting the tears roll down her cheeks for the second time tonight, but it wasn't for the fear of death, instead it was the confession that was just expressed. She was overwhelmed with the thought that someone wanted to stay with her. All her life she never had a companion, besides Johanna, and now this man came along and swept her off her feet. She could feel herself wiping away the tears and she smiled at a worried Finnick, shifting closer to him.

He gave her a concerned look. "Why are you crying? Was it something I said? I'm really – "

Her hand grabbed hold of his prominent jaw, thumb running over his bottom lip. He's so warm all the time, Greyson couldn't help but think. She was also reminded how cold she always was. How ironic.

"Just kiss me, you fool."

* * *

"Grey." She felt a poke at her arm but she just snuggled closer into the person's chest, enjoying the drowsy feeling of sleep. "Kitten, you've got to wake up." She groaned, her eyes cracking open to see Finnick's bare chest. She shifted her head to look up at him, the sleep still in her system. "Ah," Finnick smiled warmly. "There she is."