Chapter 1: The Meeting

(Cleo's P.O.V)

"C'mon," I mumbled to the bakery's oven. This order has to hurry up and bake quickly because #1: I could be fired and #2: We could possibly lose a valuable customer today if it isn't perfect.

I started to think about the possible ways to be able to bake these cupcakes quickly.

Maybe I could...

No. I'm not going to use them. I forbade myself to use them ever again.

But then again, who would be watching? I mean I'm in the bakery alone.

Why I'm alone? Well it's because my boss said that even though we're closed on a Sunday, these people are very important so we must meet there needs. Stupid boss.

This better be the Queen of England.

I looked down at my hands and then up at the clock. It's currently 11:00 and these people want the order at 11:30. I made up my mind.

Only this once, I thought, then never again. This is for your job.

I stood up and took the scorching cupcake pan with my bare hands out of the oven.

Then I focused all my energy into heating up my hands and baked the cupcakes at a temperature no normal oven could reach.

After one minute, I released the energy from my hands, biding fire a farewell.

That's the strange this about me.

I can have complete control of basically all the elements which is earth, wind, fire, and water. Not to mention super human intelligence.

That's also the sole reason why my parents don't like me. Even though they try to deny it. They think I'm weird, a freak to be exact.

How I know, you ask?

It because when I was 14, I heard my mother use that very word towards me during the argument.

Do I hate them for that?

...No

Even though they call me by those names, I can never hate them...

But what I want to know is, am I the only one out there?

I mean, can I be the only "alien" (according to my father) who have these "special" abilities?

Well, we would just have to see.

But now I'm living a better life, in Bradford, away from my parents and brother starting all over again.

I got back to decorating the cupcakes. Luckily, that would only take me 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes of decorating the cupcakes with various colors of red, blue, white, green and orange. I put them neatly in our signature yellow boxes. And set them on the counter near the cash register. I wonder who would order these. Oh well, I'll just have to see.

But I could finally now relax and sit down and not worry about making these things. But I really am wondering who it is now that I have time to actually think about it-

I jolted upwards by the sound of what seems to be a stampede but it seems like it's getting louder and louder.

I froze and looked outside.

That's when I saw 5 boys running straight to our front door, with millions of girls behind them. Wait... are they who I think they are? No, this can't be real.

I ran to the door and screamed out to the 5 boys, "HURRY UP AND GET INSIDE HERE!!!"

They had a 10 meter start so they were able to enter and I still had enough time to locked the doors. I also pulled down the blinds so nobody could see in.