Chapter 8: The Training

(Cleo's P.O.V)

We are walking to Zayn's house which isn't that far. Plus we didn't want paparazzi following us so we are using back roads and alleys. The boys also said walking is better because their security guard and management would be on their cases 24/7. They must have a huge following or fandom of some sort.

'They're call Directioners." Liam, who was in front shouted to me.

"Stop reading my freaking mind!" I shouted back to him. Better block it before he sees something I don't want him to see.

"You want me to melt him into a syrup?" Zayn asked me jokingly, or I hope it was jokingly.

"I heard that!" Liam shouted, only to leave Zayn chuckling.

Oh and apparently, when they kidnapped me (yes I will call it a kidnapping), they managed to take all my belongings which was my jacket, phone, and wallet. Caring kidnappers I guess.

I will never plan a kidnap with them.

But I have other worries right now.

Like I couldn't stop wondering about what Zayn was saying in the living room of the hotel room. It's not that I disagree with him, it's the fact that I would never thought someone would be the right guy for me. And I barely even know him. Sure, there are the tabloids and the websites made for telling the simple facts about each person in One Direction, but that wouldn't be enough information for me if I'm going to be his forever girlfriend. Right?

I also couldn't stop wondering what would happen after this whole mission thing blows off. I mean Zayn and I would end up being together of course but it's weird. Obviously he's the one for me but I know nothing about this whole relationship thing. Of course Zayn must know how to woo a girl if he's interested in her. And I mean come on, he isn't ugly at all. 

Come to think of it...does he have a girlfriend now?

Ever heard of curiosity kills the cat. Yeah that's what's happening right now.

"Zayn?" I said looking up at him. He had his arm linked with mine while we are walking down the street. All the boys are walking in front of us, leaving us in the back so I think now is a good time to ask him.

He looked down at me and started to blush. Then he pulled away and put his hands into his coat pockets, leaving my hands flying alone in the air (not literally). I was confused.

"Sorry," he mumbled, still walking at the side of me, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Then I understood.

"No, no!" I said, instantly regretting my decision of asking him. "I was getting adjusted, you didn't have to do that."

"Oh," he said but he didn't link back his arm with mine again, he left them in his pocket. I will admit, I felt a bit lonely, almost as if I wanted his arm linked with mine again. But I just put my hands into my jacket pocket.

"So," he stated awkwardly, "what did you want to ask me? I mean, if you want to ask me a question."

"Do you have a girlfriend?" It tumbled out of my mouth without caution. He looked at me startled. "Sorry, it wasn't suppose to come out like that, I just meant like if you have a girlfriend now and then this thing between you and I happened it would be complicated and-"

He sighed but continued to walk. "I used to have a girlfriend. Her name was Perrie Edwards."

"As in Little Mix's Perrie Edwards?!" I almost shouted from shock.

"Yeah. Know her?" He asked bluntly.

"Yeah but not personally" I said, "I used to support them in the X-Factor. Petite was my favorite in the band since I thought she had such a powerful voice."